Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Combat and Computers

The second part of this title (third if you're counting the 'and') is simple, for I went on the computers. But, I played CounterStrike on it, and I did hapkido, both forms of combat (double meaning! ...sort of.). So, yeah. There's titles explained. With that out of the way, let us have a look at my day (hooray for unintentional rhyming!).

Before school, I went up to the Library, to see who was there and to talk to people. It was then Role Call, and we finally found out exactly how many people weren't going to camp, but also weren't going to school (the answer? Over 30 people were jigging both camp and school, although from what I heard beforehand, more than a few had good reasons.). We then went on the computers, when the bell went, where Kevin showed me where CounterStrike (a first person shooter, although explaining it would be like explaining Pokemon, in that you probably should have heard of it.) could be found, and we played a few games. Me, I had little to no idea of the strategy for the game, so I was winging it when I was picking guns (some worked out really well, some not so much. I just picked anything, really.). We played that for a while, against the computer and with each other, and we then went to see if we could find Warcraft III on the school's computer, as we knew it had to be around somewhere (although not without good reason; we had seen people play it.). However, try as we might, we could not find it in any folders. However, at Recess, we asked Andy, as we had seen him playing it, who gave us a username and a password (this is beginning to sound more and more like a bad movie, isn't it?) that contained the game.

When the bell went, we went back up to the computers, where we got on to the profile after much experimenting with passwords (we had remembered the pattern but forgotten the actual password) and last names (easy to say, slightly harder to spell), and we started to play. We did so for only a few minutes, because someone else needed to use the computers, and we had to actually do some work. Or, rather, Kevin and I watched Abridged on my iPod. It's fun to do that. Then, when the bell went for Lunch, we continued our watching of Abridged. Damn, that's some funny stuff. We also went to the PE staffroom to find out what Kevin and I would be doing for sport, considering Year 10 School Sport would be a bit undercrowded (that is, we were the only ones.). We thus were given the option to join the Year 9s.

Which, when the bell went, we followed up on, as we knew Andy would be doing it, and we wanted to be with somebody we knew, as opposed to Boot Camp, the other option (it didn't sound too great.). We went to play soccer, and I promptly managed somehow to kick the ball into my own face (how I did this is an utter mystery, but it happened. Soccer is not my thing.). I soon managed to sneak around and ended up again on my iPod, watching Abridged. We even got seen by a teacher, and got let off (although, it was McCord, who is rather lenient, in most regards.). So we sat around and watched my iPod. And when the bell went, I went home (although not straight away. That would be a major hassle for my brother. As well as impossible as per relativity. But, that's another story.). And around 7:15, we left for hapkido.

This session was absolutely packed. How packed, you ask (well, you might not. But I've got to segue this some way or another.)? Well, there were people backed all the way until the edge of the mats, and (get this) there were 5 people per row. To make pairing up both convenient and possible, the middle row had to alternatively face back and forward, so the outside two rows faced each other (so, the far left row faced the row on its right, and vice versa), while the middle row faced itself (more or less). I was paired with Tara, and of course Shirisha wasn't there, considering she was on camp (it would be quite a feat if she was there). I saw some yellow belt techniques in this class, and they were pretty cool. And when I got home, I blogged, although evidently not enough. So here I am.

This was my Wednesday. Insert rant about late post here (yes, it's getting to the point where I can't be bothered thinking about how else to phrase something about late posts. I will get up to date soon.). Also, I believe I may make some longer posts soon. Though we'll see.

Being outside of camp has proven to be fun,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment