Thursday, November 12, 2009

Slow and Steady

That's right, we're going slow now that all the exams are done. And, erm, I couldn't really think of any better title. Sorry. Just ain't working out between me and titles for the moment. Ah well. Hopefully soon it'll all be patched up. Anyway. To my day, away!

Period 1 was Science, and we did an experiment, following up on yesterday's results of the assignment. We did work on pendulums (is it pendulums? It seems a bit off, it sounding Latin. Pendula would work, but it too just doesn't seem right. ...OK, I did some brief research on the subject, which can be found here. From now on, I'll just say pendulums. Ah, how crazy the English language is.), and the working out of the acceleration due to gravity of the Earth (do I find this interesting? Yes, I do.). Period 2 was Geography, in which we had a bit of a bludgy period watching a DVD (I know, I'm as shocked as you are) on some show called 'Man vs. Wild,' which was one of those nature survival shows, although it was a little different. A little different in that the guy (whose name is 'Bear,' which doesn't bode well) drinks his urine in the first 15 minutes, eats a spider (which he claims was only a little poisonous), then uses a snake as a necklace as he carries it across a river for some bizarre reason (what makes it worse is that the snake was territorial.). I'm sure it all made sense to him, but we were more than a little confused by the end. Recess was talking.

Period 3 was English, where we looked at a poem by Keats, called 'La Belle Dame Sans Merci.' That may not ring a bell to many, but I still remember looking at the poem from Year 6. I don't remember what I thought of it, but it must have been good for me to remember it from so long ago (it's a bit like 'Lily the Pink,' from which I can still remember some from the one playing of it by a teacher in Year 3. The lyrics are here, if you want to have a look; it's quite catchy.). I enjoyed it. Period 4 was Maths, and our teacher never showed up, and half the class were at their Computer Skills thing. So we all went to A2, and Eric, Kevin and I all watched Abridged on my iPod, and did puzzles and that type of thing. Lunch was talking, and going down to the music room.

Period 5 was Drama, and we all made parody plays on soap operas (you know, the overdramatic, tangled web of relationships show. I'm guessing about half of the people in the plays were gay. It just added to the drama.). Our group didn't get to finish when the bell went, which sucked because I didn't get to do much, but we were improvising most of it anyway. Six of one, half a dozen of the other, really (damn, I love that expression. No idea why though.). Period 6 was Commerce, in which we all watched a video on businesses (it sounds bad, but that's because explaining it would take a long while. It was good, trust me). We also got our results back, and I got 95%, which I believe was top of the class. So, pretty good, I must say. These Yearlies have been good to me (although I haven't got English back...), with the exception of Geography. And when I got home, I struggled with a capped internet, or at least, I think it's capped. I honestly don't know. Still, I'd prefer it if it wasn't of course.

Let's have a look at the comments, one from Shafi.
*Anon: I can tell it's Shafi because (and this needs some explanation) I asked him for a song that he had. However, it's not 'Can't Touch This,' so I have absolutely no idea where that last line comes in (it was 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams.').

And that was what happened in my day. I officially apologise for gradually later posting, but I am having real difficulties keeping up. Soon, soon, soon I'll get back up and I'll be posting in the same day. But not now. Just wait, though, it'll be coming soon.

Hooray for no exams!,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment