Thursday, November 26, 2009

Weirdness and Water

OK, I sorta take exception to the word 'wackiness.' It just doesn't fit within the parameters that I want to get across here. But, it was necessary to make the alliterative title work (a better word would be something like 'random,' but that didn't work out with any other relation to water I wanted. Ah well.). So, let us get to my day, shall we, now that that is out of the way.

Period 1 was English, and it was a period of utter randomness. Tan was given his report, as he wasn't here yesterday, and it mentioned the word 'gregarious' on it. A quick check in the dictionary found that it meant something similar to 'travelling and acting in packs.' This made the whole class crack up, as it was a rather sneaky way of Hancock's to say something like that. For the rest of the class, we tried to work out ways of sneaking the word 'gregarious' into ordinary situations, which was rather funny (at least I thought so.). Period 2 was Maths, and we started a new topic (I know, I know, we are still doing work, and it's bloody well annoying. Why are we doing work? Who knows. It's crazy like that.). The topic was parabolae (parabolas? The plural of parabola, anyway, which is basically a curve wherein the basic formula is y equals x squared. Wikipedia can hopefully explain.). Recess was just talking.

Period 3 was Drama, and Kolodziej announced that the whole Michael Jackson tribute thing was to be postponed until February or March, for reasons that were unclear, but accepted (I mean, there were very little people actually writing the script, and not that many who were going to be here on the day of the performance, so postponing it was a good move in my decision. So I spent the period playing DS, and even Kolodziej didn't object (he saw me and just commented that I should be playing 'Guitar Hero' instead.). Period 4 was Commerce, and we got into a discussion about the death penalty, and it seems as if everybody in the class is against it (of course, that's Australia. Take it to America, and they'd be all for it. It goes with their gun laws. Or, lack thereof.). Lunch was the usual.

Periods 5 and 6 were double PE (jees, I haven't written that in a while. Weeks and weeks...), and we did something new: swimming, which we hadn't done in PE for quite a while (not since last year, I don't think, although I could be wrong.). So we got in and got changed, and then we went to put flippers on. I have now concluded that flippers hate me, seeing as the first pair were too big, and the second pair were just right, but fell off anyway. Oy vey. However, soon I was ready, and we started off by having races (I am apparently one of the fastest in the class. Sweet.). We then played water polo, and the team I was in lost. It was still fun, though. When the water polo game was done, we pretty much just mucked around for the rest of the period, although I did have a panic attack at one stage. Damn them. And later, I blogged, although not that much. So here I am.

That was my day. I am trying to post on schedule once more, but it's coming along at a steady pace (which, quite frankly, is not enough.). So, expect a frenzied rush of posting soon, as I try to get back before the 300th post. That tends to happen (or rather, that probably will happen.). Be prepared for it; I'll have to be.

Damn this massive broken schedule,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment