Saturday, November 21, 2009

Canberraman

He's a nerd talkin' metal coated Canberraman... OK, I drove to Canberra, and I was just parodying 'Candyman.' By metal coated, I refer to braces, and nerd talkin', well, I tend to use longer words than your average person. Also, have you noticed I explain my titles in almost every post? Would this be because I'm trying to take up space? No. Is this explanation of explanations (and this being an explanation of an explanation of an explanation, ad infinitum) simply to take up space. ...Perhaps.

I got up at around 7:30, and I went to blog. I am trying to catch up, trust me (right now, this means this closing paragraph may be a little strange. Stay posted! No pun intended.). So I blogged a bit, and at about 11 (I know I'm covering a lot in a few lines, but it can all be pretty much condensed to watching TV and going on my laptop. Repetition and uneventfulness are the enemy of interesting posting, as well as longer posting. Brackets partially remedy this. For example: this.). I then went to pack for the trip to Canberra. We were going because Mum and Dad were going to a friend's fortieth birthday party, and it's not exactly like EJ and I could stay home by ourselves (well, I suppose theoretically we could, but it wouldn't be too safe, I'm guessing.). So I packed books and my 'New Scientist' magazine, among other things, into my laptop case (because, of course, I brought my laptop. It would be crazy not to.), and by about 2 or 3, we set off.

I read for about half the trip, maybe a little more. I read mostly from the book Shay lent me, but also from my magazine. For the other part, I essentially did some logic puzzles that I brought, although I got bored of them quickly. I used to love them, but now I'm sorta bored of them, and they're not really that exciting (that feeling isn't that fun. I'm sure most people know what I'm talking about here.). Anyway. When we did eventually get to Canberra, I messed around a little with the phone Dad gave me, which I've started taking a liking to because it can take pictures and video. My other phone can't do that (although it does have some good games on it. This phone doesn't. Ah well. Take some, leave some.). I then went outside and played with EJ a little, and relaxed on the rocking chair, reading. When I get my own place, I will be getting some sort of rocking chair or swing chair or something like that, and read on it frequently. They are really relaxing.

Eventually, Mum and Dad left for the party, and we were left with Uncle Nudge and Darcie (have I honestly not mentioned that yet? Guess not. Well, now you know.). Darcie was soon put to sleep (literally, not the other kind.), and EJ found the Xbox 360, and began to play Monopoly on it (he forgot to take his books and such out of Dad's car before they left. Oy vey.). He seems to enjoy it. Me, I was a bit of a back seat driver on it. Soon, we got dinner, and watched some movies that were on TV. We watched the second half of 'Robots,' (It has Robin Williams in it, which I did not know. However, watching it again, I can hear his voice.) and then 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest' came on (damn, that's a long title.). It's a fun movie, so we watched that. Meanwhile, I was trying to post, but then the dongle (the little thing that gives you wireless internet) stopped working after EJ pulled it out, so I got out a notebook and pencil and started blogging the old fashioned way (not that that's really blogging. Anyway.). I ended up getting to bed at around 11.

That was what happened on my day. There is another excuse for not getting up to date on posting, which has become more and more of a problem. It's getting quite annoying, and I want to get up to date by my 300th post, which is in about two weeks. Jees, I better get to work.

Wow, it's almost 300 posts...,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment