Thursday, May 14, 2009

Spacers Hurt

If you don't know what spacers are, I refer you to exhibit A: yesterday's post. And, goddamn, did they hurt in the morning. Seriously, aching pain. I'll get to all of this right now.

Before school, I took some Febridol, and for breakfast, because I could not eat Special K without really hurting my teeth, a banana, which took 15 minutes to eat. Goddamn. At school, I started chewing my gum, which was really painful. Every chew was agony. But, the orthodontist told me to, so I did. Victor wasn't here, but for some reason his case was. Period 1 was Geo, which was doing more revision work on those graphs with rainfall and temperature on the one thing. I also asked Johnson if I could chew my gum in class, which I could. I learnt that when trying to deal with pain, Tan Jun breathing (from hapkido) helps a fair bit. It helps me focus past the pain. I didn't do it in class, obviously, but I did do it beforehand. In class, however, there was pain. A lot of it. More than once, I hit the table with my hand, and for the whole thing pretty much, my hand was in a closed fist. Next was Science, in which we had a sub (who I think may have been a Uni student, or at least she'd not long left Uni.). We did some work, and the pain was starting to reside; the chewing helps. However, by this time I've been chewing the same bit of gum for something like 2 hours, so it was basically rubber. But, it helped a lot. Recess was 13, which was also me trying to eat Recess with just my front teeth. It worked, but the only problem was when I tried to eat one of John's macadamias with my front teeth, I failed. Miserably. I love macadamias. Ah well.

Period 3 was Ag, which was a bludge, watching videos on goats, as well as trying to think of stuff for my book (I have now caved to pressure, and the new name is Viktor Gray. No, I'm not changing it, unless I think of something better.). That was an hour, and then it was time for PE, also an hour. Remember those Redskins from Monday? I didn't get them today, but even if I did get them, I couldn't eat them, because of my spacers. So yeah. The worst possible timing. If I had've got them, I probably would have just given them to people. I couldn't eat them myself. That period was talking about mental illnesses, with one part coming up with mental illnesses (one response was 'obesity,' from Tiana, of course. I mean, she explained it sorta understandably, but in the end you're left with the fact that obesity is not a mental illness. At all.), and another part filling sheets in about a selected mental illness outside. That was also attempting to fight the wind for my book and sheets.

Lunch was 13, with John, Kevin, Andy, Eric, Ian, Shafi and me. The way of getting in was very haphazard, but it was still fun. I also invite you to ask yourself: how do I lose to Shafi with an 8 to Ace in my hand. That's a seven card straight. How do I lose? To Shafi, of all people (of which it took five minutes to explain what a double was, and the same person who asked if he could beat a three card straight with a triple. Or a two. Or a two-card straight. He sorta got the hang of it, but the strategy leaves something to be desired.). Ah well. That's my luck for you. Period 5 was Maths, which was doing some work on ratios, as well as balancing rulers on pencils and pushing them off with our hands without touching them, by slamming them down and so forcing the air down (it was a very slow period.). Mango started it. Then it was Drama, which was talking about a worksheet in our groups. It didn't really make sense, and Kolodziej seemed a bit annoyed today. Must be one of those days, it certainly was for me.

When I got home (by catching the bus to the shop, then being driven the rest of the way), it took me half an hour to eat a bowl of Burger Rings (mmm, Burger Rings... Ow, spacers...). Then around 4:15, Jo picked me up, to go to Whitlam Centre to get our passes for the disco tomorrow. The people who came with me (or, better phrased, I went with them) were Jo (of course; someone had to be driving), Shay, Jessica, and Chiara, from the concert, pronounced Kee-ara. I am number 11, or sodium, on my pass. Chiara is fluorine, Shay is neon, and Jessica is magnesium. I wanted to be magnesium. Ah well (nerdy, remember.). I was dropped home at 5:30, where I finished my Geo assessment, finally, and then went on MSN. That is a load off my back, to say the least. I went on my computer until dinner, which was a quiche and salad (I couldn't eat some of my salad. Goddamn!). And after dinner, I went on my computer, and here I am, blogging.

To comments, which is one, from one person of course. It's also a short comment, so I'll try to reply to it in full.
*Victor: 'Ebony and Victor,' 'Victor and Ebony,' the fact is I've started to refer to you as a couple. I don't care which way around it goes. Victor will say Ebony first, Ebony will say Victor first, so I will do the tiebreaker and say it's whatever I feel like. I love to rant.'

That was my Thursday, my painful and eventful Thursday. Tomorrow will be even more eventful, as well as awesome (disco disco disco!). It's a shame Ebony and Victor (see which way round it went? Who cares?) can't go. Ah well. It also goes from 7 to 10:30, so expect a late post. It might be really late, it might be the next day. The point is that it won't be the usual time (9-ish.). Ah well. I'll probably do it in the morning on Saturday, but we'll see.

Tomorrow will be the awesomest day in ages,
AB

1 comment:

  1. No, see, because Ebony and Victor have equal coolness (yes, we have argued this), I think it may just have to go in alpha order. Ebony and Victor it is!

    (Yes, I'm just saying that cuz he said it, but at least I can justify it :P)

    ReplyDelete