Sunday, May 3, 2009

Family Day '09

Family Day is when our local footy club, the South West Tigers (of which my Dad is the President, EJ a player, my Mum his manager, and me the Webmaster, since nobody else would do it. Seriously.) have a big day where everyone in the club go somewhere, and the kids go in sack races and so on, and the adults watch, and later there's a Mums-Kids and a Dads-Kids game. But, I'm way ahead of myself.

We left around 7:30, to get breakfast at McDonald's. I brought my iPod, and my book supplies (pencil, rubber, exercise book), for the long day. When we got to Club Italia, where Family Day was held this year, I played '44 Home' with some of the kids (I got bored), and then went to sit down after that got boring, and listened to music (song stuck in my head: 'She's Always a Woman' by Billy Joel.). When Shay got here, we talked for a bit, then I had to go take photos of everybody. Again, nobody else would do it. And when your Mum has your book, and you're taking pictures of people in sacks, crates and eggs on spoons, you get pretty goddamn bored. So I just followed Shay and Lachlan around, when they were playing football golf (I think my Dad came up with it, which makes a lot of sense. Kicks are drives, handballs are putts, crates are holes and footballs are golf balls. Yeah). Then after taking pictures of them for little reason, I gave the camera to the closest person who would take it, and fled. I found my book, and then after Shay left, went to go watch the Mums-Kids game, while thinking of some ideas for my book, of which is going to be a fantasy book about werewolves, which is actually, hopefully, going to be a trilogy (but let me write this book first). I think I've got a basic plot outline going, and I'll expand and do character details next. I knew writing a book wouldn't be a walk in the park, so I'm organisised (sic).

Then it was the Dads-Kids game, which I didn't want to take much part in. And watching, I saw how: The Dads took it way too seriously. There were tackles and kicks from centres and bumping and everything. My Dad's glasses broke somehow, and he had blood on his face at the end. Like I said, way too seriously. Next was Lunch, finally, which was a sausage on a roll and a Solo. Then I went inside, and did some more stuff on my book, before they handed out the new jumpers to the kids. Then I went and got a donut and a Lift, and talked to Brandon from when I played footy. When he left, I went to kick the ball (I'm not great). Then when we had to close off the ground, I ended up singing. Long story short, I had my iPod in, and I was mouthing the words to myself. People got me to sing the song I had, said it sucked because of my singing, so I considered it my duty to show them it was only my singing, by singing every other song. I ended up singing such songs as 'I Wish I Was a Punk Rocker (With Flowers in My Hair),' 'Disturbia,' 'We Are the Champions,' and 'Cows With Guns.' I was singing Tom Lehrer on a table (for some reason) when we left (surprising the kids and myself by doing 'The Elements', then 'Poisoning Pigeons in the Park').

When we got home, I went on my laptop finally, and watched TV. And here I am, blogging, after commenting on blogs (side note: How strange a word is 'blog.' Seriously. Yes, I'm strange) which I shall now do more often.

Comments: 2? And I thought after the four yesterday... Oy vey. Anyway. Replies now.
*Victor: I love that song. I vote more people listen to that song.
*Ebony: Yes, I will comment, yes, I read it. And I love AFL (resisting the urge to say just as... somebody loves... I won't. Though I want to. If I say it, I will be in big trouble at school.) And Fridays are awesome. Don't bag Fridays. And I did mention AFL, but not enough for you to panic over. No games were talked about in the writing of this post.

Winding up now (Is this what my last paragraph has come to? Saying I'm finishing. But, I digress.). Tomorrow's school, which is very annoying. I barely went on my laptop over the weekend (compared to normal days.). I also just noticed I use a lot of brackets, and if you don't like my brackets (because I do), you can take umbrage (at the bottom of my blog. There's a button.).

The weekend went by way too quickly,
AB

2 comments:

  1. I take umbrage. (Brackets are, indeed, cool [So are double brackets {Be creative}])

    No one asks me to sing (growl)... I wonder why that could be?

    Firstings. (First is the only one that counts)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, blog is a very weird word. Blog as in 'weblog' but who calls something a log anyhoodle?
    I don't know how, but you made your day seem interesting, congrats. And I am trying not to imagine you singing. No, really.
    If you read it then COMMENT you silly. that's why the comment option is there. honestly...
    Ah, but you love AFL in a different way than somebody loves... (it's not resisting the urge if you say it anyway)
    I like brackets, brackets are awesome.
    I am not writing what comment number this is.

    ReplyDelete