Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day '09

I couldn't think of a good title other than that. But, that was the main feature of today. Mother's Day.

I woke up around 7:30. I then went on my laptop, until my Dad got up, and we all went to make Mum breakfast in bed. I made tea (sort of... I forgot to turn the jug on. Oy.), and my Dad made scrambled eggs on toast and orange juice. After we gave the breakfast to my Mum in bed, I went and did the kitchen, until it was time to go to my grandparent's house, around 9:30. On the car ride there, I taught my brother a game I learnt on Wikipedia, 'Scissors, Paper, Rock, Lizard, Spock.' (explanation.) I am the nerdiest person I know (and, I suspect, most people who know me will agree.). At Nanny and Poppa's, we kicked the footy back and forth, ate cupcakes (mmm, cupcakes), and ended up watching 'Monty Python Live At The Hollywood Bowl,' as they have that on video. Monty Python is awesome and British comedy shows are the funniest shows in existence (proof: Mr Bean, Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, Blackadder. Need I elaborate?). I can sing the whole of 'Bruces' Philosopher's Song' off by heart. But, anyway.

After that, we went to Casula shops, and I got Mum a present, finally. I got her the Taylor Swift album, 'Fearless,' as it has 'Love Story' on it, and I know Mum loves that song (as do I, I might add.). When we got home, I made Mum lunch (this is my Dad's idea), and then went to my room to do some of my assignment. I have about half a page, and I'm doing pretty well. Then, I went on my laptop for a while, before I was called on to make dinner. We had fajitas, and they're easy to make. Then after dinner, I went on MSN (just a heads up, Ebony: I don't think I have that many more secrets. Just saying.), and here I am, blogging.

Comments now, 3 from 2 people. Let's get to it.
*Ebony: My Mum thought the movie was awesome. There you go. And I love random names (in our group, Victor is sometimes Trevor, and Kevin is sometimes Macca. Go figure.). And we didn't name our fish. Why not? Well, here's something: They're bloody fish. Weekends are awesome. Question 2 is retarded. It's all true.
*Victor: I will not give in to peer pressure: Weekends are awesome.
*Ebony: On my computer, weekend wins. Hmm.

I'll sum up now. Monday will be a lot of work; I've still got to put my book on my computer (Serial procrastinator.). However, I do look forward to talking to people before school; those chats are awesome (and Victor and Ebony win again.). And just a heads up; I'm going to a disco on Friday night (Oh yeah. Sweet.) with Shay and some of her friends. So maybe a really early or late post.

Where'd weekend relaxation go?,
AB

2 comments:

  1. that scissors rock paper... game is so complicated. why bother?
    British comedies are awesome, i agree. I love one called Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em. Its about this guy who IS a complete failure and stuffs up every job he tries.
    I also got my mum a CD, i got her I Am... Sasha Fierce by Beyonce. The only difference is that i downloaded it and you bought it like i should've. Oh well. She still enjoyed it. That's the only thing that really matters.
    Look forward to talking to everyone on Monday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it awesome that even when I had barely anything to do with your day, I still get a mention. I still get more than one mention. I am clearly awesome.

    I clicked the link. I love the idea of Scissors, paper, rock, lizard, rock. I just don't know what the symbols for lizard and spock would be.

    the song Lovestory is good. the clip, not so much, but a girl with ugly eyes in an ugly dess next to an ugly guy in an ugly shirt, and try and come up with something pretty? it aint gonna happen.

    Think of secrets. I will keep asking. I'm an annoying little bugger like that...

    You seriously didn't name your fish? How do you distinguish between them? "the swimming one with the tail"?

    I haven't started question 2. Hell, I haven't started question 1. I'm hoping it goes away overnight, what are my chances?

    Well too bad, weekdays are better!

    Of course Victor and Ebony win again. You know why? Because they're Victor and Ebony. And together, they are greater than EVERYTHING. (and everything is pretty big)

    Weekend relaxation does not exist. Thus proving that weekends suck.

    I will you see on a better day.

    ReplyDelete