Thursday, May 21, 2009

Just Call Me Jaws

For people that didn't get that, there was a James Bond movie called 'The Spy Who Loved Me' in the 703, and one of the villains was a guy called Jaws. Here's a picture. As you can see, he has metal in his mouth. This is a very roundabout way of saying I got braces today. OK? Yes, I got braces. All shall be explained.

I woke up around 7:30, and went to watch TV, and go on my laptop. I had breakfast at 8, and after that, I went and played DS. I didn't go to school. Hooray! Then, after playing DS, going on my laptop, and watching TV, we left for the orthodontist around 10:45.

The appointment was at 11, and it transpired that I was getting braces, and not expanders (I'm getting them later). When we got in, they first told me all the ins and outs of brushing my teeth, which was surprisingly long, and also meant that brushing my teeth is no longer a 2 minute encounter. No, I now brush my teeth for something like 10 minutes, 3 times a day. What fun! Then, the official procedure began. They first took some of the spacers out, and put in these metal rings, which feel really weird when I put my tongue against them. It feels like my tooth has mutated out, and has grown a twisted outcropping. That took another 10 minutes. and then I sat around for 5 minutes waiting for them to prepare for the actual brace-fitting. When they came out, I laid down, and they put those tinted goggles you sometimes get at the dentist over my eyes. They then put plastic things in my mouth to hold it open, so they could actually fit the braces. One part was digging into my gums, and that hurt. So I had to take my mind off it. While they talked and put the braces on (I didn't even feel that part, only the plastic-widener-thing), I stared up at a fluorescent light, and tried to make patterns out of the diamond pattern that covered the actual light. I first made the alphabet, then I did all of the digits. When I finished that, I started singing Tom Lehrer songs in my head, paying careful attention to the lyrics. I thought 'Poisoning Pigeons in the Park,' then I started on 'Lobachevsky.' I got halfway through that when they said they finished. They then put the wire in; and that was it. I have to go in every few weeks, of course, but finished for today. I'll show everybody at school, rest assured.

Then, after all that (the whole thing taking about an hour), my Mum went to go get lunch, and she went to Spotlight to get some stuff. I played DS while she did. When we got home, I had my first food with braces (which was weird as I had to get past the 'how-the-hell-do-I-eat-with-these-on' barrier), which was two English muffins with ham and cheese, two donuts and a Milo. From then, I just went on my laptop, TV and DS, until 5:30-ish, when we all went with Jo to Laser Zone.

My brother's footy team had Laser Tag, so I went, and so did Shay. The first time, we paired up, and I got 8th out of 13. It was mainly because I didn't shoot many people, not that I got shot too many times myself. That went for around 30 minutes, and then we had a break. After the 10 minute break, we went for another round. Again, I got 8th, but my tag ratio (I shoot to shoot me) was great, 232%. That means I shot over twice as many people as I got shot. Sweet. When that was finished, we had dinner, which for me was pizza and Solo. I love pizza and Solo. My brother, though, doesn't like cheese, and ended up vomiting. After all that, I got home around 8:30, when I had a smoothie, and then started blogging. I also attempted to floss, which was incredibly difficult. I will soon get the hang of it. Hopefully. Anyway, here I am, blogging so I can sleep.

Comments now; 9 from 4 people. 3 are the same, one person changed. And it wasn't intentional spam this time.
*Shafi: OK, it's official: noone else may say firstings. It is only Shafi. That is all.
*Shafi: Scroll up, all is explained.
*Rosa: Everyone has differing opinions. I thought the movie was retarded. But there you go.
*Victor: OK; yard sales are awesome. So is Kyle and Jackie O. I hope I did well on the English exam, it took me a few run-throughs as well. Hopefully the School Certificate is clearer. My paragraphs are bearable. And I'm not fearing any oil.
*Ebony: Relax, relax. Not being mentioned is not the end of the world. He also wrote more than you, so a shorter reply.
*Ebony: I'm sure my Dad thinks you're cool as well. He's good like that.
*Victor: I fully agree with you on all counts bar my unawareness. I just didn't want to mention the yard sale that much.
*Ebony: My comment section is not a live chat, dammit! Argue on your own time and place. I am backing Victor here. End story.
*Victor: OK, they're awesome, we get it.

Well, that was my today. Tomorrow is back to school, and hopefully my braces don't hurt. We'll just have to see. Only this time, no gum to bear it. But, if they do hurt, then it'll probably only be for a while. Let's see, shall we?

A Braceswearer I now am,
AB

5 comments:

  1. What a boring day. Clearly, you should have been at school.

    Oh my gosh, I have nothing to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only because I feel sorry for you for not having any other comments.

    ...three's a good number.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three is a very good number. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, if I recall, it was me who said 'Firstings' initially. Check it.

    ReplyDelete