Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Too Long a Day

It was a long day today, full of randomness, work, no work, luckiness, unluckiness.... you get the picture. Prepare for a post of epic proportions, including one list.

Before school, I talked to Victor and Ebony about random topics. As usual. Period 1 was Ag, which went for an hour (as did Periods 2, 3 and 4. Blame NAPLAN.). We did procedures on foot paring in our book, and I did a bit of work on my book (I'm trying to get some characters going. I'm finding a bit hard to focus, what with half-yearlies coming up, and the bloody Geo assessment, and so on.). Then came Geo, which was just working on some skills for mapping, like topographic mapping and the positions of continents. Simple stuff, really. Recess was 13, with John, Andy, Eric and Kevin.

Period 3 was Maths, which was doing more work on factorisation and expansion and so on. Just revision. That seems to be the theme of schoolwork today; revision. Pretty NTR stuff, really. Next was Science, which was even more revision, as well as work on Ohm's Law. Robson had lost his voice, but he was pretty loud for someone who had. It comes and goes, I think. Lunch was 13 with (get this): John, Andy, Eric, Kevin, Ebony, Victor and me. We played a 'one in, one out' rule (Ebony's idea), which worked pretty well. I didn't get out the whole game. I also got the best hand in my entire life, no exaggeration. I got four 2s, 6 to King, and an extra Queen. The game went something like this: John plays three 3s, I play three 2s. I play 6 to King, my free. I play my Queen, then finish on my two. Best hand ever, hands down (no pun intended).

Then when the bell went for Period 5, the universe decided to balance out my luck, of course. I was sitting on the Science staircase, and when the bell went, I started to Room 10. While going up the stairs, I thought to myself: 'Hang on. Where am I going?' So I went all the way back to Room 30, which was all of 10 steps from where I was originally. But it didn't stop there. When I got there, Miss Fox-Coleman said we were actually at Room 11. Which is right next to the room I was originally going to. Oy vey. This is what I get. Commerce was doing more work on the capital punishment Powerpoint in-class project (Commerce teachers seem to love Powerpoints for in-class projects. or maybe it's just Kearney). That period was 35 minutes. The last 30 minutes was English, which was just people not thinking. Three things that stand out: Tiana's putting her hand up to answer a question. When Hancock called on her, she straightened up, opened her mouth; and said nothing. She'd completely forgotten what she was about to say (at least I don't do that in front of the class). The second thing was Hancock making fun of Ben (as he does, but it's not malicious). Barahona is sitting next to him. Hancock: 'I can see outside through your ears.' Barahona: 'Really?' These are our English lessons: full of randomness and unintentional comedy. When the bell went, and after I got home, I went into my Geo assessment (I've now one page left, and that's Question 3. It seems fairly easy. But still a lot of work.). Once I'd done a bit, I talked on MSN, and ended up making my own 'Dinosaur Comics' comic using a website (basically, in Dinosaur Comics, everything is the same except the text. It has to be read to be understood.) that randomises the strips. Here's my own 'Dinosaur Remix,' as they call it. I just shortened it, and made a new one. It's a lot funnier, in my opinion (but, then again, I'm weird). And here I am, blogging, as well as trying to think of a last name that suits a character I'm thinking of.

And, here for the first time in a while, is a random list. Applause please. Today's topic: things about myself that annoy me:
*I can't type 'touche' without misspelling it at least once: I have no idea why. I just can't. I usually just write: Tocuhe. I just tried typing it quickly 5 times in succession, and 4 times I wrote 'Tocuhe.' (The other one was 'ocuhe.' *sigh*)
*I can almost never do the Tetris theme and the Mario theme in succession: Why? It's a very good question. But for weeks, if I remembered one, I forgot the other one. I only just got it today (I'll see if I can remember it in the morning.).
*My very bad memory: Example: I was going to put something else here. But I forgot what it was. So I did this. Yes, I know. I am incredibly weird. But you can't spell abnormal without AB!

Comments: 2 from 2 people. If Rosa hadn't commented, I would have done a very long rant. But she did, so I didn't.
*Shafi: 'Firstings?' What? From now on everybody, if you want to say you are first, actually have something else to say. Like Ebony. She is never going to let up about this, but: she is awesome that way (Oh god, what have I done?).
*Rosa: I did? Oh crap, I did! How did I miss that? Bugger. And I'm actually looking forward to Drama performance day as well, as I love Drama. It's fun. My bet is that the one with Jayson, Oscar, and presumably Shane as well will be the funniest. By a mile.

I'll finish up now. Wednesday will be a long post, and probably late, because I'm going to the orthodontist to get an extender or widener or something along those lines (it's metal, it goes on my teeth, and it looks weird) almost as soon as I get home, and then it'll be pretty much time for hapkido. Oh boy. And Wednesday week is my hundredth post (wow, that was quick), and I can't wait. (Oh, where has AC gone? They left one day and never came back. If you still read my blog, you might as well just say who you are. Or at least comment.)

I can't wait for Friday already,
AB

3 comments:

  1. I did not like playing 13 with you guys. wait, no, i didn't like LOSING 13 with you guys.

    You said three things stand out in English, but you only mentoned two... what is the other? Or don't you remember?

    That last name you're trying to think of... Grey. You know you want to use Grey.

    See, I always have something to say. I'm not so sure that it's necessarily a good thing, but it does mean that my comments are actually comments, and not just "Firstings". (Indeed I am awesome)

    Oh wow, how could you miss Shane's? It was so fabulosity :L. He's gay for Kolodziej!

    Oh yeah, I miss AC. S/he was like, the little bit of mystery about your blog.
    Congrats on 100 (I am totally kicking your arse, with 232 posts).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet on drama performance day, there would be sooo many camera's out filming, theres' only 5 groups yeah?? I agree, oscar and shane are funny as who they are.

    We got drama tomorrow, hopefully he lets us organise more for the performance. I know everyone is SUPER DUPER EXCITED.

    ReplyDelete
  3. =O =O

    I totally forgot to say "first"

    Wow.
    Okay, well, I got first!!
    And third!!
    And awesomest!!
    And longest!! :L:L

    ReplyDelete