Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Brief Respite

Meaning that I've had a short break, from exams specifically. Thursday is Maths exam, Friday I think is non-calculator (not that I get told anything), and then the only thing close is the English assessment, which is still 2 weeks away. So celebrations all soon. But not now.

Before school was talking to Victor, John and Ian, but then when Ebony came over, it was all-hands-to-stations, as I follow new procedure and walk away. Probably for the best, I think. Period 1 was English, which was listening to a tape and reading from the book. This part was the part around when Banquo gets killed, and the acting was actually OK. Not great, but not bad either. Next was Maths, which was watching some videos, as well as doing an extremely brief amount of work. It was much of a bludge, and when Faulds went to turn the computer off, he clicked 'Shut down and install updates.' So what happened was a small message appeared on the screen: 'Installing update 1 of 50. Please wait until the updates are installed before shutting down your computer.' The whole class cracked up laughing, and Faulds just turned off the projector; the computer was still installing. I expect it's still installing now.

Recess was 13, with John, Kevin, Victor and Eric, and the most amazing thing was that I won with my highest card being a King of Spades (though, in all fairness, I did have a quad Jack. But still.). There was also much annoyance with John playing his 4 to 10 before I played my 3 to 9, and also much hilarity as it turned out that in one round, I had a 3 to 5, John had a 3 to 5, and Victor had two of them. Which was funny. Period 3 was Drama, which was us acting out our Drama mini-play from yesterday. To put it concisely, we sucked, with much improvising and bad timing resulting in Amy having to ad-lib while Rutherford made his way out of a box. I ended up just falling to the ground after cracking Amy's neck (don't ask); I wasn't told what I was supposed to do. The next one was much better, with Jayson, Shane, Kale, Tri and Oscar all in one group. Shane does the best voices, in this one he was a Jamaican. Great accent. Jayson was also a Jamaican at one stage, before realising he wasn't supposed to be. Hilarity ensued (yes, that's hilarity twice in one paragraph. Now three times.).

Lunch was yet more 13, with me, John, Kevin, Andy, Eric and Victor, to memory. After John and Eric left for tennis and Victor left for Ebony, Kevin, Andy and I played 31. We also noticed that Hamish and Andy's Andy Lee matched up perfectly to Andy Pham and Kevin Lee. That was funny. Also, as it was raining, just like last Wednesday, we all went inside and watched a movie. This movie, someone strangely, ended up being Cars, and we finished about the part where there is no satisfying conclusion at all. Part of the plot had started and no real threads had ended. Before the movie, however, I had a brief amount of enjoyment pretending to be a Christian preacher for no particular reason, and trying to convert Kevin and Victor to Christianity. The joke being Kevin, Victor and I are all atheists. I considered that funny, I don't know if anyone else did. After the bell went (or so we can assume, nobody heard it), I went up to the library, and watched Mango and some Year 9 kid play chess, as Victor and Ebony were just being Victor and Ebony, if that makes sense. Mango kicked the guy's ass, with a really good knight-queen combo. I put it down to the fact that the Year 9 guy developed his queen too early, and spent most of his time protecting it. But I'm no expert (mostly I gleamed that from books I read). When I got home, I studied a bit, and about 6:45, it was time for hapkido.

Shaylee didn't come to this session, for reasons that I'm still not perfectly clear about. Whichever way you put it, she didn't come to hapkido, so I went alone. I was asked more than once where Shaylee was, and once where 'my sister' was. These things annoy me. But overall it was a really good session, as before class Dylan, Tara, Jackson and I played dodgeball against all the Falcons (not quite adults, but still doing hapkido. 10 to 13 by the looks of things. I'm not 100% though). In the class itself, I was taught how to backroll, which was important (but I still need to practice), as well as better work on my kicks and how to punch in training right (I was doing the actual punching OK, but I was getting into a rhythm which wouldn't happen on the street. That's the best way I can explain it). I got home around 8:45, and here I am, blogging as fast as I can.

To comments, 6-actually-5 from 5 people. I say 6-actually-5 because one was deleted. Still, really-5 from 5 is pretty good. And none of them are Victor or Ebony, though that doesn't mean I don't want you to comment.
*Rosa: Well, I missed out on that hydrocarbons thing. So that's one mark down, we'll see how many more to go.
*Anonymous: Probably Dad, my book is so far not coming along too well, because exams are getting in the way. It's always in the back of my mind, however, and I plan to get to it from Friday. I'll really get into it once the English assessment is done.
*Corinne: I lost a mark as well, don't worry. And that History DVD wasn't that exciting, you didn't really miss much.
*Kevin: Moving on...
*Kevin: I do say the Science exam was fairly easy, though there were some rough patches. And I want comments because I want to know what people think of my blog, what they think of my day, and I like to respond to them. I would still blog if not for comments; I blog for me; but I still like comments. And I did put the blog link in my pm, but now it's not in it any more. Though I'll probably put it in later.
*Karen: I'd agree on all of those counts: I also remembered alkane + alkene + alkyne for nothing, as well as the meth/eth/prop/but thing. I studied that; it was really annoying. And, though, yes, I am a nerd, you can never be too sure about exams. But you're in A1 as well, I wouldn't worry too much either.

Well that was my Wednesday. I'll enjoy tomorrow; as the real half-yearlies end (I'm not counting the non-calculator test). It was a good day, as there were no exams, and there wasn't much real work. I also did a lot of 13. I love Wednesdays.

Almost finished,
AB

1 comment:

  1. YES EXAMS ALMOST OVER. OH SH*T HEAPS OF ASSESSMENTS FOR BLOODY EVERYTHING. YES ALMOST WEEKEND. English tutor should be okay and then YES MORE GAMING.

    hmm i don't know what else to say. but i think you putting us playing 13 in every post may be starting to bore people a bit. lol

    ReplyDelete