Friday, May 15, 2009

Disco!

It doesn't need much more explanation than that. I'll get to all about the disco, my Friday and so on. And yes, it's a late post, I did tell everybody that it would be. But anyway. To my Friday.

I was dropped off at school by my Dad around 8:20, and then talked until the bell went. I also confused Ebony by incessantly quoting Abridged Shadi ('Jagshamesh' and so on.). First was Science, which was doing more work on parallel and series circuits. And Robson was back, which was good, because he's a cool teacher. Next was Computer Maths, which was doing stuff on Excel (they practically gave us the answers on the sheets they gave us), and me messing around on Geometer's Sketchpad, trying to make some sort of person on it (which is taking a while, but is coming along well). When that finished, it was Assembly, which was on the Pool Lawn and so wasn't the greatest. We tried to sing the school song, but since there was no good speakers, everybody was singing slightly out of sync. Then we had people talking about god knows what, and then Recess. At Recess I played 13 with John, Andy and Kevin. In that we established the two 'cursed cards,' which you don't want to get: the 2 and 3 of clubs. Don't ask why they're cursed, they just are. And I seemed to be stuck with at least one of them every time. Bloody hell.
Periods 3 and 4 were double Ag, which was going to go mouth the goats (see how old they are by counting their teeth). In that, I learnt a few things: I suck with goats (I couldn't catch one and was nearly tripped by one), and I cave too easily (the new name is 'Victor Gray.' Yeah, yeah, I caved completely to Ebony and Victor's pressure; I get it.). I talked to Ebony and Corinne mostly in the lesson. Lunch was more 13 (with me and Kevin owning), and an incredibly random, retarded and funny thing all in one. At one point, Toby threw a Vegemite packet at me (Why I don't know), so we decided we might have some fun. Around second half I sprinted past Ebony's table, and threw the packet at Victor. Also, I don't know why, but it was funny (to everybody I was playing 13 with anyway.). Yes, I'm weird. Tell me something I don't know.

Period 5 was English, which was doing revision work for the half-yearlies, which start on Monday. So weekends will be study-filled. I'm fairly confident, but I don't think anybody isn't at least slightly nervous. I sure am. Last was History, which was giving Johnson my Geo assessment (which she said was good, thank god), and Hewie and I testing each other on History from his study notes. I haven't actually made any, so I'm going to have to go through my books. But I'm fine with that. When the bell went, and after I'd got to the station, my Dad picked me up, so I could get dinner (incredibly early, I know. Disco, remember.). We went to McDonald's, and with my spacers on, I managed to eat 3 McStrips (I don't know what they're actually called, but they're the McDonald's version of Red Rooster's Chicken Strips), 4 nuggets, large chips, and a large strawberry thickshake (talking about that just made me hungry. Lol.). When we got home, we started rearranging some of the house, as for some reason we're getting new furniture (though, it does give me more room for my stuff). Then around 6:30, I left for Shay's place.

When I got there, I got pictures taken with the girls who were there (Shay, Chiara, Jessica), and then we were straight off again. When we arrived at the Whitlam Centre, we met up with Kyona, and then after saying goodbye to Jo, we went into the disco. For the first half an hour, before the music started, we sat and talked a bit, and played with balloons (it was that kind of boredom). When the music started, we got up and "danced" around a bit (I put that in apostrophes because it was more like moving left and right, and jumping up and down. Still better than my dancing.). We did that for about one and a half hours, and then things started to slow down a bit. So around 9:30, with an hour left, we sat around and talked again. There was a dancing competition around 10 (well, it was more like dance-and-get-a-CD; there was no winner), and I figured I have a nonzero chance of getting a CD, so I jumped around. I think the woman giving CDs out saw me, and gave me a CD out of pity. But I won it. When I went to sit down, I had a look at what songs were on it. The CD was 'Raisani' (have you heard of it? Neither have I), and it looked like something from the discount rack (I mean, there are just weird songs like "Afrocatalans by Danny Marqeuz & Ferry B." I mean, these are songs that are not so much forgotten as repressed.). When we were picked up around 10:30 by Jo, we had a listen to the songs: they all sound exactly the same. We were going from track to track and I didn't know when we had changed songs unless I looked at the display on the dashboard. When we got to Shay's place, after dropping Jess, Chiara, Kyona and Shay off, I went on the Wii, where I got 'Pro' in Wii Sports in bowling. Sweet. I got back home around midnight, and here I am, about 12 hours later, blogging on Saturday morning.

To comments, again, one from one person. But a different person. Hmm.
*Ebony: Oy vey; I'm doing it whatever way around I want. If that's in alphabetical order (Alphabetical. Alpha-beta. αβ. AB! You see, I am the awesomest.), or not, then who cares? And I suppose you can justify it, that's true.

Well, I'd better finish up, I have to really study now. Not really looking forward to Monday, I'll say that.

Hopefully Ebony and Victor can come to the disco next time,
AB

2 comments:

  1. you've got a wii?
    i didn't know that, what else do you have?
    forgot to tell you, geo assignment due in week 7
    apparently we had to get the research done on friday for the exam, well at least you've only got the exams and english assignment to worry about.

    have a good weekend
    Shafi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, a VeGeMite packet? How did you know that I love VeGeMite?

    First to recognise their post number.

    ReplyDelete