Monday, May 18, 2009

Half-Yearlies '09: Geography and History

This is my new template for exams: Type of exam - Year: Subjects. The reason for this being that it is quicker to write and time is saved for writing and less for thinking up titles, as exam time is very 'rush-rush.' To my Monday, of which the exams, unfortunately began.

I was driven to school by my Mum, and when I got to the table it was straight to cramming. However, it is hard to cram for two exams at once, so I did my best, reading some of my Geography assessment and History book. When the bell went, I went straight to the hall (wait a minute... I didn't get my pencil back from Victor! Damn my forgetfulness!), and went to go sit down. The exams, as usual for Geo and History, were combined, with 2 periods devoted to both exams. I did my Geo multiple choice, some of the extended response, then skipped to History, did that multiple choice, some definitions, and then went and finished the Geo extended response while still in the 'go' period of exams (there are three stages, in my opinion, 'ready,' 'go,' and 'zoom.' Ready is when you're going through the exams and you're doing a bit of a medium pace, in the start. Go is when you're writing quickly and sensibly, which occurs in the middle. It is the most productive. Zoom is when you realise you have ten minutes to go and you start to write as fast as you can, remembering, or not, at an alarming rate. But, I'm way off topic now.). I then went to the History, doing the extended response, when 'zoom' kicked in and I flew by the pages. All in all, I think I did pretty good in Geo, and fairly well in History. My opinion, anyway.

Recess was unwinding with a few games of 13, in which my luck was disastrous, being haunted by the three of clubs. On the deal when the bell went, I had four aces in my hand. Bloody hell. Period 3 was Commerce, which was studying for tomorrow and making notes a-plenty; I think that studying off the sheet given is the right way to go. I'm not too confident, but I think Commerce will be bearable. Period 4 was Science, which was doing more experimentation on electricity. More work is being done... next period (either Wednesday or Thursday. Wait, scratch Thursday. I'm getting braces on. Oy vey.). Lunch was playing some games of 13 (continuing my horrific luck), as well as talking to Victor and Ebony. I am growing gradually aware of my third-wheel status, and so if one of them want me to leave (which is understandable, we all need privacy), I will leave (this I vow, Ebony and Victor.). I was also a major retard at Lunch saying things that didn't make sense, or indeed using any higher brain functions. It was basically my brain going 'Exams are enough, just... just see if you can work by yourself for a bit.' I hate when my brain does that.

Period 5 was English, in which we had Jones, and was spent acting out (really just saying) the scene where Banquo dies. Pretty much of a bludge, a relief from the first 2 periods. Last was History. We had McAlpin instead of Johnson, and it was in the library annexe. We were supposed to be watching a DVD, but the TV only had a video player and the computer didn't work (yeah). So I spent the time working a bit on my book, as well as more 13, with Tan, Alan and Hewie. I didn't have the best luck, but it wasn't the worst luck either; it was fairly average. When the bell went, and after I got home, I studied for Drama (it is hopefully going to be easy, but I doubt it. Theory is really hard in Drama, as it's so prac-based. It's a bit like Woodwork in that respect; and I didn't do great in Woodwork.), and when I finished that, watched a tape of 'Rove' and played DS. I did that for a while, until around 6:45, I left for hapkido.

Hapkido today was supposed to be getting signatures, by Shaylee's insistence, but she forgot her book. So we didn't. Anyway. We had Sir Jimmy, who is a really good teacher, but who kicks our asses in class, almost literally. It was a hard training, but he straightened up a bit of my cross and turning kick. A lot of practice is needed, for me, but I have high hopes. When I got home around 8:45, I almost went straight on my laptop, and here I am, blogging as fast as my hands can type.

To comments, 2 from the 2 people who commented last time. Hooray for you two!
*Victor: I swear I didn't mean that, I didn't think the paragraph was that long. My bad. And you, I think, are cool (guess who isn't? Me!)
*Ebony: No, you didn't miss much important, but you know as well as I do that I talk about AFL a fair bit. Get used to it. And yes, I must go on about British comedy, it is what I do. It is awesome, end statement. Watch it. I was noticing how much I have started to mention you; it is freaking me out just a bit (read: a lot.). Why, is probably because you are a very unique person (it's a compliment. Sorta.). Did you just call yourself a bigger nerd than me? Shame on you! And, give in to the 'Second,' it is inevitable.

I'll finish up, I've been posting for way longer than I planned to. Tomorrow is Drama and Commerce, and I am in two minds about both of them. Rest assured that they will be heavily crammed for; as I must.

2 down, 6 to go,
AB

4 comments:

  1. I failed Geo. Enough said.
    The 'rents will surely have my head.
    (The inner poet strikes)

    Also, yes, I have your pencil. I really sucks. You can have it back. lol

    First.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victor: Fail. That's all I really need to say :L.

    If you are in two minds about both of them, does that mean that you have four minds? And if so, what are all their names? Actually, nevermind the names thing, if I ask, you will probably rant about not naming fish, and blah blah blah.

    I know what you mean about ready, go and zoom. I'm usually in zoom. But if it's long writing, I switch back to go because otherwise my hand hurts too much. Well, my wrist.
    Because I do all my exams in zoom, I usually finish with 20-30 minutes to spare. Yesterday I did the whole thing in go. That was not pleasant, I didn't have spare time at the end. It felt... not nice... to not be fast.

    It's ok, you only mentioned me twice today :L.

    You are sort of a third wheel, but I don't mind having you there. We ignore you when we don't want to talk to you anyway, so what difference does it make? Plus, you're mild entertain when you fail, as you so often do.

    Yay for history bludge!

    I know you like to talk about AFL (why? who knows), but could you please put it in a seperate paragraph so that those of us who do like sport (i.e. everyone who is sane) do not have to read it.

    No, I called myself a better nerd than you. As in, one who listens in class as opposed to reading, and thus actually learns. You should try it some time. Or, you know, studying in the school holidays.

    Congrats on ALMOST paragraphing.

    (I haven't given in yet...)

    ReplyDelete