Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Half-Yearlies '09: Science

Well, with Science down, that's only Maths left. In unrelated matters, Ebony and Victor have agreed to end their boycott of my comments section, revealing reasons that are devious, harsh and fair all in one. I will get to this. They said they would start commenting tomorrow, but thankfully I got comments today. In yet more, even more pointless news, I am still to make a theme song. I will make one when I get bored (luckily, I wrote a program on Scratch a while back that lets me write music. But don't expect a miracle.). Now, to Tuesday. And yes, I will stop doing this 'news' thing.

Period 1 was Maths, which was doing some revision work on algebra. Pretty straight-forward stuff. We also did some Science study, as per usual. Next was Drama, which finally was a prac lesson that was actually Drama, and not walking around with our eyes closed. We did it in our groups (so me with Ebony, Amy, Pradeepti and Rutherford), and we were making a play. We were doing 'Something Supernatural.' It ended up being a voodoo thing, with Rutherford playing the doll (his idea), Pradeepti being the witch doctor, also known as 'Lady Charcoal' (her idea), me being the person being 'voodooed' on because Ebony put Lady Charcoal up to it because I was cheating on her with Amy (Pradeepti, Pradeepti and Pradeepti). We spent a while working out the basic storyline, and with 10 minutes to go we all went inside, and started on our mini-plays. Cameron's group was first, which was a bus trip. That was pretty funny. We were next (thanks to Pradeepti volunteering), but we only got through 30 seconds before the bell went. Saved by the bell.

Recess was 13, as usual. That was good. I like 13. Period 3 was Commerce, which was studying for Science. Thank god Kearney let us. That was too short a period, because it was time for the Science half-yearly. I spent most of the time in 'go,' with a short amount of time in 'ready.' All in all, it was like any other Science exam: 10 multiple choice, 5 short-answers, and a few extended responses. Most of the things they examine us on are fairly straight-forward, but inevitably I stuff up at least one small thing, that gets noticed immediately after the exam. This one was alkane instead of hydrocarbon, which in hindsight was obvious. Ah well. But apart from that, I think I did OK. I'll just have to see when I get it back.

Lunch was, for the first 5 minutes, the Science exam. Actual lunch was first managing to arrange some people to play 13: and then noticing that the cards are not in my bag or in my pocket. So I get everyone together before I find the cards are gone. This is my luck. I pulled apart my bag twice, asked the Science teachers and checked the bin (I have no idea why), all to no avail. I then set upon looking around the school (those are my good cards), and then came across it in Room 10, where I had Commerce. When I finally got back with the cards to play 13, the half-time bell went. Oy vey. The second half was 13, which was your average play, with Kevin, Andy, Victor and Shafi (John wasn't here.).

Period 5 was English, which was looking through more of 'Macbeth,' and specifically the part when Macbeth has just killed Duncan, so the end of Scene 2. That was a bit of a bludge. Last was History, which was watching a DVD (finally!) of the Stolen Generation, and taking notes. That was also a bludge, as all video-watching classes are. When the bell went, and after I got home, I did some Maths homework, and then went on MSN. After a few minutes of pleading, Victor and Ebony unveiled their master plan: they would comment if they got some alone time. Now, that is reasonable, but I have one thing wrong with it (not with the idea, but the strike). One, they never actually asked me to stop, and I have told them they can just tell me to go away and I will. Really, that's two things, but who cares. My point remains valid. Hopefully they can get back to commenting.

Speaking of which, it's time for comments, and thanks to occasional begging I did, I got two comments. I don't like no comments (though, I do realise they're not crucial. I still want them though.).
*Karen: There is no 'should' read my blog, though, I'm actually not sure anymore how many people actually read it. And my blog is more of a 'memory extension,' as well as a vent. I can go any day from February 10 2009 and see exactly what I was doing. And we all like 13 (though we have been known to play 31 and Speed, and we used to play poker every now and then). I don't actually know what leaf I tasted, Ebony just said 'eat it.' I'll hand it to her, she's very persistent. And I stick by the fact that I'm weirder. I take pride in it.
*Kevin: I never liked Computer Maths on Excel, I always like the Sketchpad lessons. They're the best. I hope I did well on Ag, and I think I did well on Science. We'll have to see. And our group sucked at the coil, I'm not 100% sure why. We just did. Ah well. Win some, lose some.

Well, that was my Tuesday. I don't have any exams tomorrow, thank god, and Thursday is the last one. I'll enjoy the end of them, as it means I can get back to semi-bludging without studying getting in the way. There will be much work on my book, reading, and doing random things for no particular reason. Hooray!

7 down, 1 to go,
AB

6 comments:

  1. The answers for short answers were:
    Ammeter
    Ressistor/ressistance
    Catalyst
    Hydrocarbons
    Calcium Sulfate
    from what I've heard. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How's your book going mate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. well theres one mark lost for me :-(

    pissed off about missing history dvd

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omfg make the science exam any easier and there would've been no point. i can't believe i put 0.04 cents instead of 4 cents >_>

    why do you want comments anyways. i reckon comments don't mean much.

    you should put the link in your pm like rosa does - easier access. oops i wanted to edit the comment i didn't know deleting it did that O.O

    ReplyDelete
  6. Science exam was easier than I expected...I remembered all that alkane, alkene and alkyne crap for no reason! Seriously, I was like it's not even in the exam!!

    Maths is left :( It should be okay though, you're a nerd AB :P

    ReplyDelete