Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Half Yearlies '09: English

All I can say is thank god it was Wednesday (well, not all I can say. Otherwise this post would end here. But you know what I mean.). I'll explain all, right now.

I slept in 15 minutes, waking up to the Kyle and Jackie O show. I then realised the show only comes on after I am supposed to wake up, and promptly got straight up. On the way to school, it poured with rain, which is pretty good for a Wednesday. I was dropped off, and spent the time talking and doing some verbal studying for the exam (read: talked about it.). Role Call was quick, and then we all went down to the hall. Periods 1 and 2 were the English exam, which was 80 minutes of work and 10 minutes of reading, not in that order. I finished the exam with about 2 minutes left, and my short story was 3 and a half pages long (I'm starting to write more, and I haven't even started my book yet. Good signs.). I think I did OK, as long as my explanation was good. Everyone either though the guy was reminiscing or daydreaming (except Eric, who though it was all real). We'll see once it's marked. This exam could go either way, so I hope it went good for me. Recess was 13, as it always is.

Period 3 (paragraphs OK?) was Science, which was doing work on electromagnetism. I've already read ahead in my textbook/read about this type of science, so I knew what the deal was. But it was a nice period off. Not exactly a bludge, but close enough. When the bell went, I went to Lunch (duh), and then I had more 13, with such people as John, Kevin, Andy, Eric, Ian, Victor, and some Year 9 guy called Calvin who follows us around on Wednesdays. Why is a good question. And because of all the rain, School Sport was cancelled, so we went into the hall and watched a movie; sort of. I say sort of because the movie was some crap thing called 'Footy Legends,' which was something on rugby with bad acting, so we talked, played with chairs somehow, and played 13 in the dark. I also listened to music on my iPod. I don't recommend it (I may be a bit biased here). At 2:30, we finally left, after the movie ended early with some girl putting her hands over an old man's eyes (I'd say you'd have to watch it to understand it, but I watched it and I don't really.). On the bus ride home, I watched Abridged on my iPod, and when I got home I played DS for a while, as well as looking on yesterday's post. Too many comments; I'll get to that. Then, around 6:50, we left for hapkido.

Today's session was a really tiring one, and involved several instances of running, sprinting, push-ups, you get the picture. We had Sir Jimmy, so it was a good kind of strenuous exercise (if that were possible. Which, it apparently is.) In this lesson, I learnt three things: One, I need to learn back rolls, if I ever want to grade. Two, where some pressure points are on the body, and how to or not to do them. Three, how to do signatures. We didn't get to do signatures, so Shay and I will be doing them possibly next lesson. We'll have to see. When I got home, I had an ice-cream, then posted as fast as I could, which is what I'm doing.

Comments now, 16 from 4 people. I'm not kidding. I'm going to have to lump a lot together.
*Victor (x9): You don't get more lines of replies unless you actually say something, not just random and pointless crap (goodness me, it's RPC.). Just for that, only a few lines of reply for you. Ha.
*Ebony: Skills or lack thereof, I believe the latter. And if you don't like those paragraphs, then you are way too uptight. Stop bagging the paragraphs. And damn you and your easy Drama exam! And: caterpillar (though I should not lecture on spelling.). Redskins FTW, Pope comment getting old quickly. These we can agree on. And longer reply than Victor, because you said something.
*Dad: Your cool parenting beats my uncool me-ness any day, hands down.
*Shafi: Thanks for reading my posts, I like to think my blog is entertaining. A new chapter every day! Hmm, that sounds pretty good...
*Victor: Hi Victor!
*Shafi (x3): Thank you, and Victor spams more. It's true.

I now must finish up, for blogging today has gone overtime. Thanks for the comments, no thanks for the spamming. Ah well, take some, leave some. Reminds me of that 22 comment post. Interesting thing was, that post was short. The comments just fed off each other. Hmm. Like today. That's how my comment section works. Oh, and tomorrow I have an orthodontist's appointment. I might be getting braces, I might be getting an expander. I do have a day off though. Awesome!

5 down, 3 to go,
AB

9 comments:

  1. u have no school? damn u
    u're getting braces? crap, will it hurt?
    Shafi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the movie, the movie was australian and majority of the actors were comedians..

    But thats my opinion. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lumping my comments is so not fair. I demand individualism... or at least a reference to my yard sale announcement.

    I can't stand Kyle and Jackie O, they just piss me off, so I listen to Darkane in the mornings.

    It took me a few read throughs of the short story to get that he was daydreaming. The first time I read it I freaked out because it made NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. But I eventually got it. My short story only had 2 pages (if that) but my first section was pretty good.

    Your paragraphs STILL fail. ENTER Key is your friend. Remember this, for I know.

    We only got, like, one game of 13 in when we were in the hall. And I won it. (So there.)

    And the movie wasn't THAT bad. But they DID choose the worst possible part of any scene to abruptly end the movie.
    Reminds me of this time me and Mitch were up watching a cooking show.
    They were talking about chicken as they were cooking it and one guy asked 'How come they're still so moist?' to which the other replied 'It's the oil.' at which point the TV suddenly turned itself off. Minor hilarity.

    FEAR THE OIL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, he wrote a long comment!
    And I loved the yard sale thing, and I made a reference to it in my comment, so it doesn't matter what AB thinks. Exactly.

    I didn't get mentioned in this blog. That is so sad. You even mentioned Victor in my reply comment and Shafi's. And yet. No mention of Ebony anywhere.

    His comment is even longr than mine. What is happening to me? =(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, and hi AB's Dad!
    (Yeah, it's a little late, I know)
    (But I still think you're cool :L)
    (Yay for finding out about your kid's life through their blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wrote a long comment! It isn't that hard to believe.

    The yard sale kicks arse and AB is just unaware.

    I think after all the attention you've gotten in this blog, I think I deserve some time in the spotlight, eh?

    Hi Ebony one and two! *waves up*

    ReplyDelete
  7. No i do NOT think that you deserve attention that takes away from mine. Short comments are your thing. How can you break your thing?

    WOW a yard sale!
    It's just great, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. :(

    And yes, yard sales are awesome.

    ReplyDelete