Thursday, May 28, 2009

Half-Yearlies '09: Mathematics

It is finished! No more half-yearlies for a year! Hooray! Thank god for that. Now, I can relax. And with mufti on Friday, the athletics carnival on Monday, and an SDD the Friday after that, work starts to slow down. About time.

Period 1 was Ag, which was doing some work about breeding goats. I also experienced a major 'what the hell?' scenario, as I was reading (I'm not finished). I look up from reading; and the whole class has their chairs facing the other way. Completely backwards. I am the only one facing to the front. I have no idea why, and in the end I just turned backwards as well. Why not? Next was Geography, which was watching a video on some suburb in Sydney in the library. That was a big bludge, as I didn't do much, besides occasionally take notes and stare blankly at a TV. I enjoy periods like that, as they seem to be 'filler' periods: no real work is done.

Recess is the usual. I don't need to tell people. Then, it was Period 3. The last half-yearly examination. We got in the Hall in Maths classes, and after setting up, we went into the exam. I spent most of it in 'go,' with a bit in 'ready,' and 'zoom.' It was basically all about statistics and graphs, and we haven't done that for weeks, maybe months now. So I was a bit rusty. But all in all, I think I did pretty well. I'll have to see how I went when I get the exam back. But the best part about the exam: it was the last one. Thank god! Period 4 was Science, which was Robson talking to us about some stuff on motors, as well as writing some stuff in our book. That's one of the good things about Science with Robson; you learn stuff, without doing loads upon loads of work, like Science last year with Fernandez (I never want to go through that again. I mean, she was OK, but she gave us so much work it wasn't funny.).

Lunch was the usual. It was 13. And from now on, I'll probably just say 'the usual.' It saves time. Period 5 was another bludge, as our Commerce class all went to the other Commerce class's room, and we squashed together and watch a video on Law. I'm surprised everyone was able to fit in; it was certainly a close-run thing. The video itself was OK, but it was a school video. So we just watched it. Last was English, which was doing some work on Macbeth's 'Banquo's Ghost!' Scene (so, from memory, Act 3 Scene 4.). We were pretending to be people from the banquet, and I wrote down a conversation between two people. And because I got utterly bored, I tried to do it Shakespeare-style, as in 10 syllables per line. It was slow to write, but it sounded good. I liked doing that. After I got home, I had some Burger Rings (mmm, Burger Rings...), and went on my laptop for a while. My brother's sick, so he couldn't go to training (I'm also not feeling the best, but it's only a sore throat and a runny nose; nothing major.). And after dinner, I watched TV and went on my laptop, and here I am, blogging.

Comments now, 1 from 1 person. Better than zero. Victor and Ebony continue their comment boycott unreasonably (in my opinion). I give up.
*Kevin: Exams are over, thank god, but I thought we only had the English assessment. Maybe it's just your class. I also can't wait for the weekend. And I am stopping saying '13' over and over again, it is getting a bit repetitive.

I'd best sum up now; this cold is getting to me. Hopefully I'll be right to go to school on Monday; I don't want to miss missing school. I get to talk with friends and there's no work. How awesome! I'll also bring cards, as I so love doing. That post will be either a long one or a short one; I'll have to see.

That's all of them down,
AB

2 comments:

  1. hey I liked today's drama.
    Ab can you help with something. Advertise on your blog to do the Camp Survey.

    tell them to go to:
    "http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=_2bfaXE2jWulCoRIsqbbrgHA_3d_3d"
    and fill it out. ETC. This will help with the decision making for CAMP.

    Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to tell you, but shippers told us to face the other way, because thats where the whiteboard was. and most of the chairs were already facing the back =/. you did provide the rest of us with a bit of a laugh!

    ReplyDelete