Sunday, May 17, 2009

Before the Torture

The torture of course being the half-yearlies. I would say something about 'freedom,' but freedom is holidays (exams are torture, holidays are freedom: new blogging tradition). But, to my Sunday.

I woke up around 7:15 (which is unusual because I like to sleep in on weekends), and went on my laptop. I surfed the net, and went on MSN. When everybody got up, I continued on my computer, and started talking to Ebony around 8. When Victor got on, we talked to him as well, and continued our three-way MSN convo until around 12:30. We talked about such things as: when Ebony first started liking Victor and vice versa, as well as the long story about me and Leeza (which always takes something like half an hour to tell. It is a long story.). Then Shay's family stopped by, and we talked a bit. After they left, I watched more TV/went on the computer, until for some reason I started playing my DS (I haven't done that for months). Then around 1, EJ, Dad and I watched the Carlton-Collingwood game. I won't get into how it played out, as I wasn't there, nor will I get into any specific plays, as none really stood out (though I will say Collingwood only got one goal in the first two quarters). Carlton ended up beating Collingwood by over 50 points, moving us up to 6th. And, if Geelong and St Kilda beat the Bulldogs and Brisbane (as they should), if Sydney beat Port (which considering Sydney are at home, is a good chance), and if we beat Adelaide (it is at AAMI, but Carlton is in good form at the moment, and the only decent-quality team Adelaide has beaten is Collingwood, and even that was only by 4 points. Maybe I'm biased, maybe I'm not.), then we move up to 3rd, which is really good. We won't make first or second, those spots seem to be reserved for the Saints and the Cats this year. But I think if we do well (and stop losing by less than a goal 3 out of 8 games), then we can make third. After the game, I watched TV, and played more DS. Dinner was tacos (mmm, tacos...), which took me a while to eat because of my spacers. Ah well. These things happen. And, after watching Merlin and Masterchef (both mainly because EJ and Mum were watching them. Masterchef made me hungry.), I started blogging, and syncing my iPod, and here I am.

Comments now, 2 from 2 people; the two I would probably consider the ones who most read my blog (I would say loyal, but that's the wrong word. Similar meaning, but not what I mean. I really hope that makes sense; I'm not hopeful though.).
*Ebony: No, 2/3 isn't bad, but you really need to watch British comedies. Anything with John Cleese or Rowan Atkinson in it (that covers the best ones; I've already gone through this.) and you should do fine. And good luck to you too (I probably need it more though.)!
*Victor: You do the best Warcraft III voices, full stop. We know it. And if the double meaning is the 'Hi Victor!' from this comment, then I get you; otherwise I have no idea what you're talking about. This could be another part of me (not voice, Ebony, who so far has over 20, but a part of me): Painfully Oblivious. I am tempted to call it Po, but then I will start seeming like Ebony, anthropomorphising (hooray for long words!) the strangest things, like backpacks and voices. How did I get to Ebony through Victor? Oh right; as usual.

Well, I need to sum up now. Expect a short-ish post tomorrow, maybe late, maybe really late. I don't even know if I'll be able to do hapkido with the studying and cramming and so on. It's going to be a juggle of everything. Why do things always seem to happen at once?

No, please, let the weekend stay,
AB

2 comments:

  1. Ow. Just ow.

    NO PARAGRAPHS. AT ALL.

    First.

    (I'm cool)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I zoned out at "Collingwood" and back in at "dinner". I'm doubting that I missed much important. Yay for tacos.

    No. We established that 2/3 isn't bad, so now why must you go on about British comedy? Oh right, because that is what you do... ("What's british comedy?" "Comedy that is british")

    You don't just get to Ebony through Victor, you get to Ebony through many things. Anthropomorphism, talking on MSN, voices in your head... I'm just an awesome person who is now mentioned very frequently here.
    ... Not sure if that's a good thing...

    ...Maybe if you started studying in the holidays like a PROPER nerd (i.e. me), you wouldn't need to be cramming. Because you would have already studied for 5 bloody weeks.

    I totally second the paragraph thing. In fact, anything to do with AFL (or any sort of sport, im not picky) just whack in its own paragraph, and start it with "Ebony, don't bother".

    (Of course you're cool. But announcing it is an Ebony thing to do. Don't just steal my things =P)

    Second. (oh no, I'm giving in...)

    ReplyDelete