Thursday, May 7, 2009

Work and No Work

Yes, I know it's a weird title. It will all make sense once I talk about my day (also I couldn't think of another title.). Now. To my Thursday.

Period 1 was Science, which was doing an experiment on Ohm's Law, which involved work but very little thinking. I enjoy periods like that. After the bell went (long after the bell went. We can't hear it in our Science room.), I went to Maths, which was finally Computer Maths. The first half of that period was waiting for my computer to shut down, and watch Mango do the work we were supposed to be doing (but I couldn't), and when I finally logged in, all the work had been done already. So I messed around on Geometer's Sketchpad (boredom + Maths + computers) for the rest of the period. Bludging is fun. Recess was 13 and 31 with John, Andy and Kevin. 31 seems to be ever so gradually taking over 13. 13 forever! The next two periods were Ag prac, which was going down to foot pare the goats (essentially clipping what passes as their toenails with hedge clippers). I was in a group with Tan, Alan, Nancy, Oishi and Ebony, and we fell into a pattern. Alan and I held the goats, Tan foot pared them, Nancy and Oishi held them sometimes, and Ebony talked to them and later fed them. Yeah. We got through 2.5 goats (one ran away before we finished) before we called it quits. I then talked to Tan, and listened to my iPod while playing Solitaire. Thank god for iPod Solitaire. When we got back to class, we just had time to get our bags, and then it was Lunch.

I played 13 with Eric, John, Kevin and Andy, while Ian, Ebony and Mango watched. Ebony didn't want to play (because she doesn't want to be beaten by non-Asians. I assured her she'd beat me.), so that's who we had. I didn't have very good hands today; I even got a quad Queen and came third, I think. Yeah. Period 5 was English, which was modernising one of Macbeth's soliloquies (it's harder than it seems.). Hancock also called me Ben. That makes something like 7 teachers (Hancock, Robson, Ejsak, Contado, Young, Rawson, Faulds). My name is Alex. Please get it right. (Though, maybe AB could stand for Alex Ben. It doesn't, but it could save time.) Last was History, which was getting a 3 page essay which is due next Friday (not tomorrow, thank god.). Which is just ridiculous, really. However, all the answers are in our textbook, so it's more a lot of work than thinking. Still, very annoying. I also didn't get a chance to work on my book. Tomorrow afternoon, or something like that I will. After getting home around 3:30-ish, thanks to me planning to catch the bus, getting called and then going home by car, and an accident that forced my friend Charlotte's bus to drop them all off at the station and so making my Mum wait around to make sure she gets home safe. And here I am, after work, TV, MSN, and so on, blogging and listening to music.

OK, a brief list. Things that I have to or want to do over the foreseeable future, in no particular order:
*More of my book: I've got a basic idea of plot in my head, but I need to put that to paper, and also work out character details. I also have to put it all on my computer, just in case.
*Geography essay: Of course. Hopefully I'll get it done quickly. Hopefully.
*Half-yearlies: They start Monday week, and go across two weeks. Oy vey. But, more time to study, I suppose.
*Get braces: Two weeks from today, on Thursday the 21st, I get them on. I take a day off school.
*Make a playlist on iTunes: Just something I want to do, so I'm not manually flipping to the same songs all the time.

Comments: 3 from 2 people. Well, let's reply; I need to post quickly.
*Karen: Yes, you are!
*Karen: That's OK; these things happen. You don't have to comment if you don't want to/don't feel like it. And don't apologise; I get it.
*Ebony: Ooh boy, that's another mini-post in my comments section. You make up for everybody else who doesn't comment. And yes, I thought 'My Place' was an awesome name as well; I liked it. I don't want to ask why you name inanimate objects, I'll just let it go. OK, I had a spelling fail, I'm not infallible. And I should probably have picked that 'no comment' thing up. And enough on my paragraphing.

I'll finish up now. The rest of my night will be spent relaxing, as it should. I really need to 'peace out.' But I don't see that happening until after the half-yearlies, because the weekends will be full of studying and exams and so on and so forth. Ah well.

Way too much work is coming up way too fast,
AB

1 comment:

  1. I was making "unspoken bond"s with goats, if you remember correctly. And I think as long as I don't come last, my title remains intact, as I can just blame the cards... Hmmmm.

    And although Johnsons SAID the asnwers were all in the textbook. They're not really. I mean, Q 3 is, in a lot of detail, but the others, not so much, I think it's mainly bullshitting.

    The MacBeth thing was okay, it's just annoying that he made me (corinne) read mine out. and more annoying that i couldn't find the word i was looking for.

    I always minipost in the comments seciton. Usually I don't even notice I'm doing it, I just have stuff to say.

    I name inanimate objects because they deserve the same treatment everyone else gets. Play fair.

    Awesomest. (Because 'First' just isn't the same).

    ReplyDelete