Monday, July 20, 2009

AB, Meet Seinfeld

Seinfeld, meet AB. Yes, today my Dad decided to show me the TV show known as Seinfeld. Which, so far, is pretty good, though I'll have to see a few more episodes. I'll do a so-far review when I get around to it. But yeah, that was pretty much the highlight of my day. Nobody say I'm lame; I know that already. Oh, I did do hapkido, so that might combat some of my lameness. I'll also do a list, as I need to expand this post, and I've been thinking about this one for a while.

I awoke at around 7:30 (yes, I said awoke. I wanted some sort of difference here.), and after getting chores done, I settled down and went on my laptop, and went to watch some TV. After the long day yesterday, I just wanted some rest. About 10, once the DVD we were already watching was up, I went to put on Seinfeld. By 12, we had already watched two discs of it. (Yes, I'm already up to midday. I'm talking about watching TV here.) It seems... I don't know. It seems like it could be a lot better, but it is good. Like I can see how it could be really good, but it just isn't there yet. I expect if I watch a few more episodes, then it will get awesome. I mean, it's considered one of the greatest sitcoms of all time. Right now, it's merely good.

After 12, we just watched TV for a while, and I did some of my Ag assignment. Around 7, I left for hapkido (yes, I know. Those 7 hours were very repetitive and weren't very exciting. Which are both post poisons.). Shay actually did come today, as she wasn't on holidays and she didn't have work (although she isn't coming on Wednesday, due to her work). Grandmaster Geoff was back today, and today we did mostly self-defence: 30 minutes of it. We did all sorts of evasions and defences, and Grandmaster Geoff even showed us some advanced ones. There was one in which you got out of the grab, then twisted their head back. Now I can't look up properly without hurting my neck. It's getting better, but it's still annoying. Hell, in meditation, I had trouble keeping my head up without consciously trying (no, really). After hapkido, I did some blogging, as well as got up to date with Questionable Content. Sort of a mixed blessing there: Yes, I caught up, but I liked reading them. Ah well.

List time! This one is songs that they made a lot worse by changing, in order from best to worst changed songs they are:
*'Let's Get Retarded' by the Black Eyed Peas: This was the first song that I remember that the radio stations changed. I always thought I had imagined the first version. I still did, until this year, actually (yep, weirdness at maximum levels here). Sure, the changed version was good, but it didn't compare to the original after they changed it.
*'Low' by Flo Rida and 'Not Fair' by Lily Allen (tie): Let me get this straight: I understand why they changed those songs. The point is, when they censor those songs, some of the meaning behind the songs is lost. At least they don't entirely change the lyrics by censoring them, like this next one.
*'Don't Trust Me' by 3OH!3: The chorus goes 'Don't trust a ho' 3 times. The censored version goes 'Don't trust a ...' Not even music. Silence. And, they're changing the entire bloody song. And, to make it worse, they only play the changed song late at night. When the people they don't want listening to it (i.e., kids), are in bed. Pointless. And, the biggest thing; this isn't even the worst changed song.
*'Everytime' by Britney Spears: They don't change the lyrics here. They change the music, the tempo. The whole point, the whole meaning behind this song is a slow, remorseful song, in Wikipedia's words, a "tragic ballad." I heard a version where the whole thing is sped up, so it's very 'pop-y.' That defeats the whole point of the song and makes it meaningless. The original is brilliant. The changed version is crappy.

OK, that's that list off my back. Time now for comment replies, or rather, a comment reply.
*Anon: Thanks for the compliment about catching up; I slowed right back down anyway. I didn;t burn myself, thank god. And... You-Know-Who? You're Voldemort! OMNEG, Voldemort is the anonymous aeroplane. (Courtesy of Ian, that acronym there. It's funny. See if you can work it out.)

And that was my day. Sorry, everyone, about the late post, that happens. I could also apologise for padding the post out with lists, but I won't. I like lists. They're fun to write. Although sometimes I'm short of material. Not today.

That list was fun, I like to rant,
AB

5 comments:

  1. tromedlov drol ton ma i
    gnitseretni saw tsil taht
    enalporea suomynona eht
    mynorca suoiruc a tahw sp

    ReplyDelete
  2. The WORST act of censorship BY FAR was the near exclusion of Jason Newsted's bass track in Metallica's 1988 album '...and Justice For All'. It was turned down in the mix because drummer Lars Ulrich (who I shall never forgive) felt Jason would not be able to learn all of the album's songs in time for the release following the sudden death of previous bassist Cliff Burton, and, even though he only had a week, he OWNED THOSE RIFFS. But no, Lars and his faggoty arse turned the bass down and the drums up.

    DAMN HIM ETERNALLY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then I think about it, and realise that wasn't really censorship of profanity.

    Oh well, go listen to Limp Bizkit and you'll see why they dont play them on the radio AT ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYXZAAlxzOI

    Check it ouuut.

    ReplyDelete