Friday, July 10, 2009

Say Goodbye to Term 2

Say goodbye, my baby! (Quote: 'Say Goodbye to Hollywood' by Billy Joel.) My point being here is that today is the end of term, and the start of the holidays. Rejoice, for the holidays have arrived! And it was a relieving end to the term, as we did minimal work, and just went random for the majority of the day. So, to my Friday.

Period 1 was Maths (I'm going to say the names of the periods, if only for some clarity), and as the majority of the class were here as the majority of the class are nerds, we actually did some work. We did selected questions from the HSC, which were surprisingly easy. My guess is that Faulds picked easy ones for a Year 10 class. But it was the only real work we did all day. Next was Drama, which was a prac, of course. Drama pracs are always, always a bludge (if you define bludge as doing no work; they aren't always good. That spatial awareness class wasn't the best.), and today was no exception. We did a game in which we were given a setting and a quote, and we had to work that quote in somehow. I went in twice. The first time I was a beatboxer in a community swimming pool (this was Cameron's idea, of course), and the second time I was a zombie. Not much talent needed, or in the case of the beatboxer, used. Recess was 13, as well as listening to stuff from John's iPod over his speakers.

Period 3 was Commerce, in which we did a quiz for chocolate. Kearney seems to like doing that at the end of term (he did it last time too). Our team won, so we got a lot of Pods (mmm, chocolate...). Period 4 was supposed to be Science, but as there were something like 8 people from our class here, we got split amongst the other classes. Ebony and I both went to 10I. I knew that Ebony would know what class Victor is in, and campaign for that. And I knew that there were more of our group in the class Victor is in. So I followed Ebony. 10I has Victor, Eric and Kevin in it, so I think I did pretty well. In the class itself, we did some visual brain teasers (eg: 'timing ti ming' was split-second timing) and a test of the longest word we can make out of 'Hurlstone Agricultural' (I won, with 'horticultural'). We also made a lot of paper aeroplanes and flew them across the room. Even the teacher got in on it. In Lunch, we flew some of the paper aeroplanes (breaking one and stranding two on a roof), and then we went to play 13, where we listened to some songs from my iPod (such as 'Any Means Necessary' and 'The Final Countdown'). Victor also played the best hand I have ever seen: A dragon with the 3 of spades. That's incredible.

Period 5 was Geography, in which Carter gave us a sheet about 'ecological sustainability.' So, I, being a smartass, decided to go completely stupid with it, and wrote a short essay about how the squirrels would become evil. One of the lines was, and I quote, 'the squirrels will have to be taken out by laser fire.' That makes a small semblance of sense (try saying that 5 times fast) if you read the whole thing, but really, I'm just being an idiot. Well, why not? Last was Ag, in which we went to put the goats back into their enclosure, as some of them had escaped, and 2 had even gone under one of the demountable classrooms. We could see them through the wire fence, eating weeds like it was perfectly normal. We also packed up the tables and chairs, and so on. Then, at 2:00, the bell went, and I got picked up by my Dad. At home, we tidied a bit, and I also watched the footy on TV. But I didn't get to blog, so here I am.

To comments now, 3 from probably 3 people.
*Ebony: It is intriguing. It was indeed funny to trick Rawson. And there is indeed something wrong with those averages. Of course, you're first; you're always first. I indeed wish I got lucky. Must I explain this?
*Anon: Be a sheep!
*Anon: Probably-Shafi, congratulations. I could be doing a lot better.

And that was my Friday, my super-fantastic, far-out and unreal Friday (to quote Johnson). I will enjoy the holidays, and I hope most people will. It's gonna be great.

Freedom at last!,
AB

3 comments:

  1. That comment wasn't by me
    why have you fallen a day behind on your posts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an aeroplane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabdigity amazingliful fabulosity day. =D

    As soon as you write 'rejoice' in the opening paragraph, I imagined the little dancing pink dot. GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

    You say "spatial awareness" but we all know you really mean The Force.

    10I = awesome. You may not understand that, as you only value 3 members of the class. But I only value 1, and I still think they're awesome. Don't pretend you just went there cuz I did.

    Your squirrel thing was pretty funny, yes, especially when McCord read it, and took it seriously.

    Lol at goats escaping. There were actually 3 under the demountable. And it's good to know that I are just as bad at being a wall as M.

    Not first =(
    I'm still an aeroplane =)

    ReplyDelete