Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Beginning of the End

The beginning of the end of the holidays, that is. The end weekend. OK, I couldn't really think of a better title. My point being here is that it's almost the end of the holidays and the start of term. Bugger. Today, though, was a good day, so let's see it.

I woke up around 8, and we were off to EJ's footy game. We got there at about 9:30, and as his game didn't start for almost an hour, I went to read and listen to my iPod. Which I did. I ended up finishing 'King Dork' and starting 'Alyzon Whitestarr,' while listening to mostly 'End of the World' by Great Big Sea and Taylor Swift. Around 10:15, though, it was time for my brother's game, and I was boundary umpiring. From the outset, the game looked like it would be close, with a goal kicked by Camden and an immediate reply from the Tigers (my brother's team). I won't go into the details, of course, but I will put the results of the last quarter: At three quarter time, the Tigers were up by 2 goals, and looked to be in the clear. However, Camden came roaring back, and they came to within a goal; EJ's team was 56, Camden was 54. After much tossing back and forth, the ball ended up within Camden's forward line. A Camden player (I think it was 19. That's who I'll say anyway) picked up the ball. The hooter sounded. 19 kicked the ball. The ball sailed through for a goal. Camden started cheering. The umpires looked confused. The end decision was this: 19 had kicked the ball just after the siren had went, and so the goal was disallowed. EJ's team had won, by 2 points. They started celebrating, and Camden was disheartened to say the least (19 was crying, because he was convinced he kicked the ball just on the siren. But that's footy.). The game ended around 12, and we got home around 1:00.

Once we got home, we went straight to getting ready to go to our grandparents' place, as Mum and Dad were going to a Trivia Night. We got there around 2, and launched straight into 'Seinfeld,' EJ's insistence. So for the rest of the night, until about 9:30 (no, I'm not kidding), we did a lot of things, including playing chess (I'm not too good), watching Monty Python, watching Mythbusters, watching Seinfeld (all great), playing a few games I had on my computer, and going on MSN. And with us having to share the laptop, I only just got to post before I went to bed. Ah well. Late posts are annoying, but sometimes inevitable. Procrastination also doesn't help.

To comments now, 2 from 1 person.
*Anon: You. Are. Kidding. I spent 45 minutes trying to work those lines out, trying different permutations of Caesar Shifts and monoalphabetic codes, and they were fake? A ploy to throw me off? I got the other lines... I must say, well played. And congrats on the acronym; I find it fun.
*Anon: I ended up figuring that one out. Thanks, though. Just, for next code: no more tricks. Nonsense strings drive me crazy.

And that was my day. Sorry about the late post, the explanation is above and due to come in the next post. Well, this sorta stuff happens. Once school starts, the schedule should right itself and all will be well. In a manner of speaking (late posts are still going to happen, people.).

One last day,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment