Sunday, July 26, 2009

Farewell, Holidays

Yes, today was the last day of holidays, and tomorrow is the start of term. My brother goes back on Tuesday, but us Hurlstonians go back on the Monday. Ah well. It'll be nice to see people again. In news today, I went to the markets with my grandparents today, as well as played chess and Scrabble and so forth. And because of a lot of things, expect a late-ish post. And maybe a longer one as well. Or, maybe short. Could go either way, really.

I got up around 8, and then went to have breakfast. Around 9, we left my grandparents' house, and after a long car trip of about half an hour in which I read my book, we got to the Market. We started by passing by the fruit and veg stalls, and went to the clothes section. On Friday, Nanny had told EJ of a jacket she had seen at the Market, so we went to get that. The jacket had a skeleton on it, and the hood could zip up all the way, and was a skull. So, as you can imagine, EJ immediately found the size and bought the jacket. My guess is that he will now wear it as much as he possibly can. He likes skulls that way. When that happened, I decided to listen to my iPod, as there was not much else to do. So, until about 10:30, we walked around the shops, and I listened to my music. We then loaded 40 kilograms of carrots and two boxes of apples onto the car, and set off. We arrived at our grandparents' place at around 11.

While there, we played a few games of Scrabble (I'm OK at it; better than I am at chess, at any rate), and watched some 'Seinfeld.' Mum and Dad came by at about midday, as did Aunty Karen and Uncle Jason, by sheer coincidence. We left about 15 minutes later. When we got back home, I went to catch up on stuff I couldn't do at Nanny and Poppa's, Dad went to a meeting and Mum and EJ went shopping for lunch, leaving at about 1. They got home around 2. So, for the rest of the night, I played chess, winning one and losing another (He tricked me with a Scholar's Mate. I didn't even know he knew what it was); watched Seinfeld (it's getting good), chatted on MSN, listened to music, read and blogged. However, I lost track of time, and I didn't get to blog in time. So here I am.

And there are no comments. Unsurprising, considering when I posted, but I'd still like some. Ah well. Maybe for this post. Anyway. For this post, it is the last paragraph (Captain Obvious to the rescue!); and hopefully, the last (avoidable, anyway) late post, since school imposes a schedule on blogging. Imposes a schedule on a lot of things, really. Tomorrow's post should be longer, and most likely on time.

Goodbye free time,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment