Friday, July 3, 2009

Another Bloody Friday

Usually Fridays are great for me. But my Friday today, well, was not as good. Mainly because I got my report. Which sucked. As well as a few other things that just didn't seem to go the right way. Ah well. Just one of those days, I suppose. Though we have to blame someone: I say society. Also a late post, because that happens.

Mum drove me to school today, as it was Dad's day off and my brother's back is playing up. The silver lining to his medical condition: he gets to stay home from school. Whereas the silver lining to my braces is probably an actual silver lining (they're shiny. Why aren't you laughing?). Anyway. Period 1 was English, in which I confused Hancock by going on about Ebony's aeroplane infatuation. I also confirmed he had seen 'Holy Grail.' In the period itself, we all talked about Animal Farm and its relation to the Russian Revolution. About halfway through, however, this Senior came in to do a speech. I ended up being the timekeeper and bellringer. She was really good, and she gave me a bit of unintentional hope about my English speech: People can, in fact, talk about something for 5 minutes. Why can't I do 4? (That was a rhetorical question. Please don't answer it.) Next was Maths, which was doing something with converse results (i.e.: a is b, but does the opposite, b is a, true?). I didn't see much of a point, though. Next it was Assembly, in which some NSW government member from the Greens came along to talk about the selling of the school. And he was a really good speaker, although being a politician I probably shouldn't be surprised.

Recess was cards, but instead of 13, we played Bull (it actually has a longer name, but I don't swear). It's a good game, but I suck at it. I'm not just bad, I'm terrible. But it's fun. So I don't really care. In this game, it's actually fun losing. Period 3 was Drama, in which we made an ad to sell something. Anything. First was Jayson's group, who were funny. They were selling Lana, or 'Anal Backwards!' Numerous, hilarious jokes were made, and even Kolodziej didn't tell them off. He was too busy struggling not to laugh. We all were. Then it was Allie's group, who tried to sell a heater. And then us. Though we couldn't go after Jayson's group. It was just too much. Next it was Commerce, in which we started a new topic, which is Employment. We didn't do it for long though, because we got our reports back. Oh, crap. I got 5 A's, 3 B's and a C. yes, the C was English. At this point I could go on a long rant about the English exam, but I won't. Even I'm getting tired of it.

Lunch was more Bull, and when the bell went, I noticed I hadn't touched my mandarin. Or my drink. Or my bloody Recess drink. Cards distracted me. Note to self: don't do that. Periods 5 and 6 were prac PE, in which we played some sport called Tchoukball (Wilson said Czechoslovakian, Wikipedia says Swiss. Now I don't know what to believe.), pronounced 'Chook-ball'. In essentials, you throw a ball at a trampoline, and if someone else on your team catches it, it's a point. It's somewhat confusing, but once you get the hang of it it's really good. When we started to play, we ended up getting, on my team, me (of course), Tan, Estelle, Shirisha and Uyen. We lost both games we played. I say it's because Uyen actually did not do anything (she stood to one side and moved out of the way if we threw it to her). That's my opinion, anyway. After school, Dad took us to Westfields to see if we could find a present for our reports (my Dad's awesome like that). But I couldn't find anything, so I'm saving it for later. At home, I went on my laptop. I meant to blog about Friday on Saturday, but, well, see next post for an explanation.

To comments, 3 from arguably-2-but-really-3 people:
*Ebony: Stop comparing the days on order of how good they are. You are not an aeroplane.
*Kevin: I have little idea about what you just said. But it sounds bad. So, that sucks.
*Ebony: No. No you're not.

And that was my Friday. Sorry for the incredibly late post, things kept getting in the way. It happens. I've already caught up with my schedule, I'm not letting it fall back again.

Damn my procrastination,
AB

2 comments:

  1. We won both our games even though I moved out of the way when the ball was thrown to me. So you can't blame Uyen. Besides, with the no intercept rule, the other team can't pick it up anyway.
    Yay for selling my awesome pen.
    Friday is not awesome at all. Damn Fridays!
    I'm an aeroplane.
    First.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh by the way, the anonymous was not me.
    There are other aeroplanes out there. =O

    ReplyDelete