Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Walkathon

Yes, other things happened of course. But the walkathon was the highlight of my day. Well... highlight is the wrong word. It was the major event that happened during my day. I also got an assignment back; and got an assignment. It just never ends.

Period 1 was Maths, in which we worked out mathematical proofs using congruent triangles through the principles of deductive geometry. And while that may sound like a complete bore, it was actually vaguely fun. Engaging is properly the better word. It was very engaging. It was a bit like Science, in that we apply established principles to work out things. Except Science is all about applying the principles, and Maths is figuring them out. But, I digress. Next was Drama, and Kolodziej for some reason or another, wasn't here. So we went to one of the computer rooms, and we had Nicholls. We were just finding definitions on the net, and copying them down. When I finished, as Geometer's Sketchpad wasn't on my computer, I surfed the net. Or, rather, surfed it in the best way you can, with all the blocked sites that in no way should be blocked. Luckily, news.com.au, Wikipedia and xkcd are not blocked. But blogs are. So, damn. At one point, the Hurlstone website was blocked. Oops.

Recess was the usual. Period 3 was Commerce, which was switching rooms in order to watch some video performances over the projector. Lizzie's group's went first. Their video was the one that they filmed the other week, which would have been pretty good, if the sound quality was. Probably just a fault of the camera. Next was Javery's group, which bypassed the whole sound quality problem by making it seem like it was from the 1920s, with the music instead of the talking, and the subtitles, which worked very effectively. It proved that you don't need voice to make a good movie, and that someone has way too much time on their hands making a Commerce video. Period 4 was Science, in which Robson explained all about dominant and recessive genes. Courtney kept saying all the answers in class. That was funny. Robson also made a sort of self-referential joke: 'As you can guess, I love Punnett squares.' Nobody laughed but me. Does nobody enjoy word play anymore? Then came Lunch.

Lunch was the walkathon, and it quickly became obvious that not many Year 10s were doing it. Of the people in our group, Kevin, Mango, Shafi, Ian and I were all doing it. Around 15 minutes after the bell went, we all set off. Me being an idiot, I took my bag, as I couldn't be bothered putting it down. Stupid, stupid me. I spent the whole time complaining and making up mock military chants. I tried to play GBA, but it is hard to walk, avoid mud, and try to catch a Latias. Or at least find it. After that was English, which was reading; and getting an assignment for the holidays, a 4 minute speech on 'Animal Farm'. It just kept happening. Last was History, in which we got an assignment back, and watched a video. So it was a big bludge. And when I got home, I blogged, finally catching up on my schedule. Thank god.

Comments now, 1 from Ebony.
*Ebony: Wednesdays are indeed OK. And stop being an aeroplane. You are a human being. Not a bloody Qantas jet. What do fists have do with anything? And that's not a long comment! I remember when your comments were long, back in the days... Anyway.

And that was my Thursday. It was a good day, I think, especially with the catching up on my schedule. The walkathon wasn't as good as I would have hoped though. Ah well.

Schedule catching up is good,
AB

3 comments:

  1. You are very stupid for doing the walkathon.
    Thursdays aren't as good days as Wednesdays or Tuesdays. But are beter than Fridays.
    I'm an aeroplane.
    First. Happy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. why did we do it when nobody else did. actually there were like 5 girls. i wonder what you guys do on geometres sketchpad anyway but im on the computers for graphics now =D but the extrude function isn't working cos some trojan screwed it up. and lots of stuff requires extruding. i thought pro desktop and computer architecture would be more fun >_>

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an aeroplane.

    ReplyDelete