Saturday, July 4, 2009

Movies, Meetings and Football

Today, we watched a movie at home, as well as going to football, and later a football meeting, although not in that order. And in between all that, I didn't get to post, thus ruining my blogging schedule (bloody meeting). And I only just completed it. Goddamn society.

We got to the ground around 8:00 (yes, I know, I'm skipping a bit. You're not missing much.), and I played my brother's DS for a while. Not because mine was out of charge, because I wanted something from his game. And I was prepared to wait some time before I go, t it. When I did, I quickly got bored, and I then went down to play some footy with the kids (it's actually a pretty even skill level; I'm not that great.). We played Piggy in the Middle for a while, and I got in once. I ended up getting someone else in by running and smothering the ball, which is pretty good considering my running speed. And the thing is, they were all better than me. But that's fine, I don't play it except for fun. I then played DS until it was time for my brother's game.

As usual, I will give a bit of an overview about my brother's game. I think they won the first quarter, but only just. When it came to the second quarter, I got the ball as the boundary umpire for the first and I think only time of the day. I stuffed up. Badly. It took me 5 goes, and even then I got help from the fifth umpire. The reason, or so I think, is that I threw it slightly higher than usual, and the wind kept blowing it too far from the contest. So, yeah. The third quarter they kicked ass, as well as the last one. In the last quarter, Ben (Lachlan's friend/cousin) was called arguably the worst insult, and punched in the back of the head by someone from the opposition. Too bad he picked the wrong person to mess with. This part I saw. Ben let fly with an almighty punch, and damn near knocked the guy out. Both kids came off the field, Ben in trouble (though I don't think he should be in that much trouble, it was, arguably, justified) and the opposition player holding his head and crying. Ben got a week's suspension, but I'm not sure what the other guy got. Probably 3 weeks suspension and a medical condition. I do know he got reported though, which is what should be done. After the game, I went home, and pretty quickly we had to go to a footy meeting. I still haven't even started to blog yet.

The meeting, and dinner, went for something like 4.5 bloody hours. I am really not going to get into the meeting, as it was as boring as it'd get, although one of the guys did spill beer on his laptop. After the meeting, I played DS with my brother in a Level 60 down non-legendary battle, and won. Sweet. After the meeting, we all watched a movie, which was Transformers, as we're watching the sequel tomorrow. I forgot some of the movie (though not most of it). Any other day I would be fine with watching, but with not blogging, it was a bit annoying. After the movie, I blogged for about 10 minutes, and then it was to bed.

And with no comments, I'll finish up. That was my Saturday. I apologise for yet another schedule-breaker; everything keeps happening. And it's bloody annoying. Soon it will be holidays. Thank god.

Why is the blogging always late?,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment