Monday, July 27, 2009

Off to a Great Start

That was sarcasm, of course. It's the beginning of school, a Monday, and many little things went wrong. Mostly during the latter half of the day. I mean, my sports jacket broke (the whole left pocket is now mutilated), and I stuffed up several times in hapkido. Although, I did, finally, get the signature for my cross. But yeah. Just a lot of little things. Ah well. Stuff happens.

I woke up around 6 (I am going to kick this habit of telling people when I get up. This is the final day.), as I do on weekdays. I got ready, and I ended up getting to school at around 8:15. I then waited for people in the group to arrive, which was luckily only about 30 seconds. Eric came to the table first, then Kevin, Andy, and gradually people began to filter in. I talked about Battlefield Heroes with Kevin and Andy, Spore with Eric, and utter randomness with the whole group, when they got there (barring John and Victor, the former did not come and the latter was late). Example of the randomness: What if Shafi were Wolverine. This came about somehow and was the funniest thing I'd heard in a long time. Ah, how I missed school. Period 1 was English, which was talking about communism in Eastern Europe and how books were banned in America for retarded reasons (1984 is not about communism). Hancock also mentioned Kazakhstan, promptly making everybody bar two people laugh at the (intentional) reference to Borat. Which I am still to see. Maths was a lot of algebra combined with a bit of geometry. Just your standard A1 stuff, really.

Recess was 13, back to normal. I was on a big losing streak. I think I got the 3 of spades once, and did not win a single game. Period 3 was Drama, in which we did a slight amount of work on storyboarding. Cam and I also talked about 'End of the World.' It's a great song, and we both like it. At another point, the school duck came to the door (yes, we have a school duck), and we pointed it out to Kolodziej. Who promptly said: 'It's not a duck, it's a pelican.' If it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, it's a duck (it was, in fact, a duck. Pelicans have a gigantic beak. This small water bird did not.). Next was Commerce, which was supposed to be doing the various pros and cons of casual employment, but which turned into talking about the various jobs people have, and what Kearney used to do before he was a teacher, and before he was a lawyer.

Lunch was more 13, and in which I continued my losing streak. Although there was a very funny hand. Andy had quad 2, but we played anyway. At one point he played double 2, expecting to win easily. Eric then got him with a double bomb, winning the game. It was epic. I won one game in this round. Well, maybe tomorrow. Periods 5 and 6 were double PE, in which we did some work on that game from a while ago called Tchoukball. It was mainly skills, though towards the end we did do a game of it. We were disadvantaged against the other team, as it was 6 against 5. And then Matt sat out, so it was 6 against 4. We were losing badly (the score was something like 9-3), until Wilson called out 'Last goal wins!' At that point, we had possession of the ball, and Tan threw it at the trampoline. Everybody crowded around a single point, and then Alan shot up into the air, and caught the ball. We won. Then, it was time to go, and I got home about 3:30. Around 6:45, we left for hapkido.

Shay came today, as did Shirisha. So I introduced Shirisha around, to Nick (who came after taking a break over the holidays), Amadeus, Vivian, and of course, Shaylee. The lesson itself was more of a skills one, focusing on the techniques rather than anything else. I learnt that my collar grab needs a bit of work, but that my cross is improving. So much, in fact, that I got my signature, on my third try. Third time's the charm, I suppose. We finished around 8:20, but we stayed so that Shay could get her second tip. I blogged after hapkido, but I didn't get to finish in time. So here I am, blogging the following morning.

There are no comments (sort of unsurprising), so this is the last paragraph. Today wasn't so much a bad day, but it wasn't not a bad day. 6 of one, half a dozen of the other, really. And this post itself wasn't too bad: finally something longer than 600 words. Tomorrow's post might be a bit shorter though; ah well.

Back to school, back to school,
AB

3 comments:

  1. Because you are lame and I feel sorry for you, I am commenting:
    You are lame. And I feel sorry for you.
    First.
    Ebony is cool.
    I'm an aeroplane!!

    Did you miss me??

    ReplyDelete
  2. HLIIB ULI GSV ZYHVMV RM XLNNVMVMGRMT
    TFVHH RGH YZXP GL MLINZO DRGS HXSLLO
    R XLMXFII 4891 RH MLG ZYLFG XLNNFMRHN
    GSV ZMLMBNLFH ZVILKOZMV

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll give a clue (btw there are no false trails)
    Like Yin or Yang
    Black or White
    Good or Bad
    Everything has its opposite
    (its not very poetic but you get the idea)

    ReplyDelete