Saturday, July 11, 2009

AFL and BFH

Meaning Australian Football League and Battlefield Heroes. Because that's what happened today. OK, so it's not the best title. Anyway. This post was also subject to post procrastination, so it's very late. The actual procrastination came as a result of playing endless BFH. It's an epic game. Anyway. To my Saturday.

I woke up around 7:30-ish, and at about 8:45, we left for EJ's game. Before the game, however, I read my magazine, and talked to Shay. The game started not long after. It was against the other South-West side, and EJ's team, of course, won. But they did it the hard way, not like some of the other games. They worked for their win. But the main point of the sporting day was not on the field. Like last game, there was a big incident. Long story short, the opposition coach said something about punching someone (I'm not too clear on the details), as well as yelling at the umpires (the umpiring was a bit iffy on some occasions, but that's hardly an excuse. So after the game, Dad, as the President, had a word with him. Which quickly turned into an argument. Which turned into a long argument. We should have been home by about 11:45, give or take 15 minutes. Something like that. Instead, we got home around 1, after the argument was finished and nothing had come of it. Of course.

When I got home, I blogged a bit, and then watch the Blues-Tigers game. We won, thankfully. Let's face it: if we hadn't, we'd be in deep trouble. Fevola ended up kicking 9 goals, earning him a career record as well as propelling him to number one on the Coleman Medal list. After that, dinner and blogging, I decided to follow up on John's advice, and give Battlefield Heroes a crack. And it is amazing! Coming from the nerdiest guy you'll ever meet, enjoying a bloody war game (no pun intended): play it. I recommend it. Only downside is the net requirement. Mine stuffed up a bit, but that happens. I played until 11, when it was time for bed.

To comments now, 3 from 3 people.
*Shafi: Sorry, I thought it was by you. And it's post-procrastination: get used to it.
*Anon: Yes.
*Ebony: Lol to the pink dot: it is now the symbol of rejoicing! Yes, I do mean The Force (because everything looks cooler in capitals). I did go there because you did, and McCord had no idea what to make of it. That was funny.

And that was my Saturday. Sorry, everyone, about the late post: but that's probably going to keep happening. Ah well. Holidays aren't made for rushing (though these assignments are calling me. Shut up already!).

BFH FTW,
AB

3 comments: