Sunday, July 12, 2009

Way Too Much Gaming

When you don't get to blog until way too late, you play Battlefield Heroes for the most part of, say, 9 in the morning until 8:30 at night, and you have time to go for an hour on a server with nobody actually playing (there were a few people on the server, it was a pre-game), this means you need to pause for a second and get un-addicted to the game you just found last night. So because this will otherwise be a shortish post, I'll be doing a list. Because, well, why not?

I woke up around 7:45, and promptly went on my laptop. I didn't go on BFH just yet, as you can't pause a live game. So I waited around until after breakfast, and then around 9, I went on. And I played. And played. I levelled up maybe 3 levels in the process, but more importantly, I worked out a lot of the essentials of the game, and I completed a lot of missions. I also got a feel for the maps. I can't pick a favourite; they're all good in really different ways (though I do love to snipe. I once took out 6 Royals from behind a crate up on the Shipwreck in Buccaneer Bay.). I didn't talk to John that much, as he was offline for a bit. But we played regardless. I played until I went to go watch Rove, as it was the season finale. And it was a really good one. Though it was a bit sad as well, as Hughesy and Carrie are leaving. But that happens, hey? At least they're not getting rid of Kevin Rudd PM, possibly the second-greatest parody series ever (the first, of course, is YGOTAS). After the show, I read '1984,' for a bit, and then it was time for bed.

List time! And because I can't get BFH out of my head, this list will be about the best things about being a commando (you will not understand much of this if you don't play):
*Stealth: It is really good just being able to sneak up some behind someone. Or even just being able to not be seen by anyone. Though I still need a lot of practice with my knife.
*Sniper: Again, similar to stealth, it's fun going off to some remote location and shooting a guy from a long way away. Safest way to play, though points-wise it's a bit lacking. You need to work out a good location.
*Troop Trap: Every so often, you put one on the ground. And every so often, someone will blow up. I was once killed by a guy, but my last effort was to put a Troop Trap down. The guy immediately blew up, sending him flying and earning me a post-mortem kill. I love the Troop Trap.

OK, now that I can't think of anything else, it's time for comments. Just the one this time.
*Anon: OK, you're close. Very close. Be a sheep. Incidentally, this also leads me to believe that you are either Ebony or Victor. My guess is Ebony. But it's just a guess. I could be way off.

And that was my Sunday. So long weekend, hello official holidays. Though they start to blur into each other after a while, with Mondays feeling like Sundays and similar. But that's how holidays go. Expect a longer post on Monday, as I do hapkido. Longer on Tuesday, considering we're going to the movies. But, I'm way ahead of myself.

Late posts are not fun and becoming way too much like the norm,
AB

2 comments:

  1. Nope, not me. I'm an aeroplane. Not a goat. Not Legend. An aereoplane.
    And that person doesn't say first, now, who would miss an opportunity like that?

    And when you say "I'll be doing a list. Because, well, why not?" you really mean "Because I only have one comment, and have been playing a gane all day, both which are pathetic, and both which decrease the length of this blog, and I need to fill up space"

    Sundays suck nearly as much as holidays,
    I'm an aeroplane!

    ReplyDelete