Wednesday, July 8, 2009

All Slowing Down

It just seems like, as the term comes to a close and the holidays beckon, work begins to lessen. There's not much to be done, and everyone is going to enjoy their two weeks off. I certainly am. And today seemed to be the epitome of that slowing down. Let's see the day, shall we?

First was Role Call, in which nobody really did anything, though we did get an 'excursion' sheet for next term. It's another one of those 'let's stop bullying through paying money and go to a hall to watch people act badly! Hooray!' Like that 'Aunty Pat' thing a few weeks ago. *shudders* I'm not going to be volunteering for the thing next term, that's for sure. Period 1 was Drama, in which we were supposed to be looking up the history of advertising. Although half the computers were broken, so most of the class just bludged around. Ebony, Amy and I spent the period seeing if we could guess the answer to people's secret questions. Not to change the password or anything (I want to make that very clear), but just to see. We only got Cameron's and Victor's, whose passwords were both very easy. Kolodziej had to change his, because he thought we could guess it (the answer was yes, yes we could.). Next was Maths, in which we were doing ratios. And you know what's fun about ratios? Absolutely nothing. They're crap.

Recess was talking, and the second half was 13. Don't know why, it just turned out that way. Period 3 was PE, and Wilson was away again, so we had a sub (or, as Kolodziej would say, a 'casual'). He spent a majority of the lesson talking about complimenting people, and how that can improve relationships. He came off a bit on edge at the start of the class, but he ended up being really good. I like classes like that, where teachers just talk about what people can do to improve their lives, not how they can improve their grades. Classes which have a direct link to life outside of school. But, I'm off topic. Good class. Lunch was 13, of course. On a side note, Andy can be very... weird. I was talking about kissing (for some reason), and he said 'With lips or necks?' There has got to be some logic behind that, but for the love of god I can't find it. Anyway.

Then it was Sport, which was basketball. I have a strange thing with basketball: I can run and dribble and pass pretty well, or at the very least, average. But put me in front of a hoop and I fail. Repeatedly. Yes, I do get lucky occasionally. But for the most part, I can't shoot. I've never been able to do it consistently. I usually just pass it to someone else. It's a lot easier that way. After sport, Dad picked me up, and we both went to pick EJ up from school. In which I had the most fun I've had in ages.

We found EJ's class, and we waved to him. EJ spotted us; and did nothing. Basically he pretended we weren't there. So I decided I'd have some fun. So I kept waving to him. But he decided he'd stop me, and he tried to close the blinds. But I just went up to the windows and kept waving. And I wasn't done yet: I went into the bagroom, and introduced myself to his class. When he came back from doing something, I went 'Hi, Eejee!' Ebony was also there for some reason, and she tried to do it as well. It was a classic. When we actually got home, I blogged, and then around 6:45, I left for hapkido.

I got a signature in hapkido today, for my uppercut. I still need to work on my cross, though. The session was an interesting one, as we did a lot of unorthodox work, or at least things we don't do so often. We also had a new white belt, whose name is Daniel. He reminds me a bit of me, as he's still getting used to all the kicks and exercises like that. When I got home, I blogged, but as usual after hapkido, I couldn't finish on time.

And that was my day. All in all, it was a really good day. I bludged around on the computers, I got a signature, I embarrassed my brother, and to top it off, it's near the end of the holidays. This was a great day.

I love the last week of a term,
AB

2 comments:

  1. Yay for pissing off Kolodziej with secret questions :L.
    I HATED the guy we had for PE, he was so bloody shallow. Some people don't like compliments on how they look!! They'd prefer for you to compliment their personality!! Not everyone wants to think they look good!!
    /rant.

    I still don't like that I pissed off your brother =(

    Lol, "I was talking about kissing"... next paragraph... "I do get lucky occassionally"

    And the Aunty Pat thingo was absolutely hilarious, whether it was embarrasing or not.

    Ebony is cool!

    I'm an aeroplane!!
    First. =)
    PS: Wednesdays are epic. Unless certain someones leave at 1:15, and then you have back issues. But, usually, epic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an aeroplane.

    ReplyDelete