Sunday, October 18, 2009

Already Gone

I saw this song in my iTunes, and I figured that that suited what I thought of the holidays (It's a Kelly Clarkson song. Wikipedia, back me up on this! ...Thank you.). Yes, they are already gone. Now, the term starts, and exams begin. Oy vey. Anyway, to my day, and this post just might herald a new era of posts that are on time.

I woke up at about 8, and I found that Dad had already left for golf, which I think he was going to for a fundraiser for EJ's footy team (I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that that is what it was for.). On another look, EJ was gone too, and Mum told me he had gone with Dad. So I took the opportunity just to relax for a while. However, soon, I had to get into my assignment, considering it was due on Tuesday. When I did get around to it, though, I was relieved: I had done more of it than I had thought, which meant I only had something like one and a half paragraphs to do on it before it was finished (allow me to say one thing about that assignment: it was really strange and I don't know why they set it. Anyway.). When that was done, I went on my computer for a while, and watched TV. Around 12, though, Mum and I went in to watch the first episode of 'FlashForward,' which we had taped on Foxtel. In fact, the first episode was so good that we watched the second one as well. We were going to watch the third, but we had to wait until Dad got home, as he hadn't watched it. And I know I'm reviewing stuff a lot lately (just see Friday's post), but I would like to say this: it is a very good show. I mean, the concept is just out there, but they're doing really well with it (though it does raise some paradoxes about free will and knowledge and fate and that type of thing. It's best not to think about those things when you're watching; you just confuse yourself.).

When that was finished (and it was about 2, give or take), I went back and went on my laptop, where I figured that I'd had enough of severely late posts (by that I mean, starting it the next day, and doing most of the work in the hour before I go to bed on the day after I want to get it done, at least.), and I started posting for Saturday. I ended up finishing that about 4 hours later, due to a long series of events involving mistaken times for dinner, getting distracted because of TV (what's new), and smashing my knee into a doorframe (goddamn, that hurt). Then it was dinner, and while eating dessert, Mum, Dad and I watched the third episode of 'FlashForward,' thus getting us up to date. And when that was done, I did some blogging, and packed my bag for school tomorrow (oh, noooooo!). I got halfway through this post before it was time to go to bed.

And that was my day. I know it was a late post, but it was completed in the morning of the day after rather than the night. So, with any luck, I can begin the posts on schedule soon. Anyway. It was the last day of holidays, and I'm sorta nervous about the exams. All study can't make people not be nervous (grammatical difficulties just ensued).

Goodbye holidays, I shall miss you,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment