Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Yearlies '09: Commerce

Yes, it's the second exam in this session of many, and this is the post talking about such a fact (I started that sentence having no idea where I was going, and so I got caught in the middle of the sentence having no idea what to do. Damn, I suck sometimes.). Yeah... Anyway, it's a late post, but that's because the bloody schedule has been thrown off yet again. I have no idea when I'll get it back up. Probably when exams are over, but we'll see.

Before school, I looked for my shoes (this does have a point), and after some searching, it turned out Dad had taken them to Canberra (yes, my feet are that big). So I used his. They fit. When I got to school, there weren't that many people in our group, as a lot of our group does IPT, and they had the option to not go to school to study (it was the same yesterday, but there was an exam yesterday. Today, it would be IPT. Anyway.). First, it was Role Call, which was reading, as well as doing some studying for Commerce. Period 1 was Science, and in that we started a new topic, which was evolution (which, you can probably guess, due to my atheism and self-confessed science nature, I am all for. Quite frankly, I'm surprised that there wasn't any religious objections, although, in all fairness, we aren't that much of a really religious school.). That was pretty fun, and I actually read through the whole chapter in the period, as well as reading up for Commerce. Period 2 was Computer Maths, or, rather, it would have been if we actually went on the computers. Instead, we did a non-calculator test, and talked about the School Certificate (which, according to Rawson is sorta pointless. Certifiably pointless. ...OK, even I thought that pun was bad.). The non-calculator test was pretty easy, really, and I spent the remainder of the time doing more Commerce revision. The more the better! Recess was talking, as I'm yet to bring cards. After exams.

Period 3 was the major exam (that's not to say it was the major exam, except it was an exam on my major. That's still confusing. Anyway.), which was the Commerce exam. It was long, it involved a lot of writing for 40 minutes, and it was... easy. Or, rather, it was easier than I expected. I expected long questions needing statistics and knowing in-depth stuff about employment. Instead, we got questions that just needed far-reaching answers, ones that didn't need that much detail. And, from what I heard from other people who did Commerce (such as Kevin), they thought the same too. So, yeah. I got good luck on the Commerce front, and I hope I get good marks. Lunch was more talking, with the only people there: me, Kevin, Victor and Ebony, the latter two having come down from study (I have no idea where Andy got to.).

After Lunch, we had sport, or that's what we called it. What we actually did was go down to the computer rooms (they said it was because it was too hot. I'm not entirely sure, but I'll run with it.), and mess around for a while. For about half an hour, I went on the school's version of Pivot, which, if you don't know what it is, is a program that lets you create animations with stick figures (here, let Wikipedia show you). However, we soon actually had to do sport, as a teacher came in and said we had to do it. So we went down to the oval; and he promptly said that we only had to play sport if we wanted. So 7 people did it, and the rest sat down. Pretty much pointless, really. When 'sport' eventually ended, I went and read for a while, and once I got home, I did a little study for PE tomorrow. And at around 6:45, we left for hapkido.

When I got to hapkido, I talked to Amadeus for a while, on a whole manner of things really. Shirisha wasn't there today, but that's understandable, as she goes erratically anyway (it's not her fault.). It was another tiring session today, and coming up to summer that means a lot of water being lost. Today, I learnt a bit of a new technique, which was a way of getting out of a bear hug, I didn't get to try it for long though. I was also Grandmaster Geoff's training dummy at one point when it came to doing stretches, and damn did it hurt. I mean, jees. And after hapkido, I blogged, but not enough.

And that was my day. Next in the line of exams is PE, which should be pretty straight-forward; you don't need to know that much. You just need to memorise a few choice facts, use common sense, and you'll most likely pass with ease. And we don't have much to study, since we didn't have many periods (hell, that was why the half-yearly for PE didn't go ahead. Not enough classes.). Anyway. Soon I will post on time. Until then, I'll keep trying.

2 down, 4 to go,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment