Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Rest and Results

Could it be? Another alliterative post? I really had to, though, because I couldn't think of anything. Anyway. Rest means a break with no exams, and results means, well, I got some results. Pretty straight-forward, really. So, without further ado, to my day.

I got to school, of course, and before school, we talked about a whole range of stuff, mostly BFH related (isn't it always?). I also lent Shafi 'Five Greatest Warriors,' as I had finished it yesterday. It was epic, plain and simple. Anyway. First, it was Role Call, which was reading, of course. I was reading 'The Genius Wars,' by Catherine Jinks. I really don't like her 'Pagan' books, to be honest (having had to read them in English in Year 8 may or may not have had anything to do with it. Seriously, I don't know, but I don't think so. I can appreciate good novels. Anyway.), but her 'Genius' books are very good. Period 1 was Drama, in which we were making plays from prompts. Cam and I were in a pair, and we ended up doing this thing where Cam is selling stuff in a cosmetics store, and I am the guy buying it who is getting steadily ripped off. It's a bit like the scene with Rowan Atkinson in 'Love Actually,' if you've seen it, which is actually where Cam got the idea. Ours was apparently really funny (or so people told me; Cam did come up with some really good lines, such as the finder's fee in a shop: 'Well, I found this for you, sir.'), though I think Shane and Oscar were better. I mean, they're Shane and Oscar; they're hilarious (proof. Possibly conclusive.). Shane did the best American accent. He was a pretty good Basil Fawlty too. Period 2 was Maths, and as Rawson was late, we played hangman for a while (my skill in the game lies in three letter words, like 'dog.' But harder.). He did eventually get to class though, and we mostly talked about the format of the School Certificate, and to make sure that we avoid overthinking things, which I sometimes tend to do. Recess was talking.

Period 3 was PE, and in that, we got our assignment back (remember the one I handed in on the last day of term 3? That one.). I got 18/20, which I think is pretty good, considering how much time I spent on it (read: it was still getting finished after dinner on the day before it was due. What we were supposed to do in the period was work from the orange book, but instead, Wilson put on the computer, and (get this), went on Youtube. I had no idea the staff were able to go on Youtube, although I probably should have guessed. So the class pretty much just watched that. Lunch was talking, as usual.

It was then time for School Sport, and it seems we are getting lazier and lazier (I'm all for it, by the way.). We didn't even leave the main quad. No, really. What we did was cricket in the main quad, and I unfortunately got picked for the team of boarders. There were two teams: the Asians and Ebony, and the Boarders and AB, originally called Asians vs. Boarders before it was realised that Ebony and I counted for something. Our team won, and I had to bowl underarm, because it seemed nobody could actually play cricket, except for the occasional boarder who lost balls smashing them over the roof into the donut quad. Or maybe they just got stuck on the roof. Either way, they got lost. I think we lost 2 or 3. While playing, near the end, Kolodziej came by, and told me what I got for Drama. Which was 100%. No, really. I think that's the first time that has happened in an exam (not an assignment. That's been done before. But with exams.). Damn, that was good. After school, I talked to Ebony about string theory (I think it started with the Science exam from yesterday, and just kind of evolved from there. I'm just surprised that it happened.). After I got home, Dad did, and he had brought his friends from Canberra, Alan and Pixie, though I'm not entirely sure why. Around 7, we left for hapkido.

Shirisha wasn't here, but Grandmaster Geoff was. He tired us out a lot, and to top it off, Grandmaster Geoff doesn't give water breaks often. In an example of how he worked us, he gave us 20 of the 'Super Set of Six,' which involved tricep dips, wheelbarrow push-ups, and clap push-ups. No, really. It's a lot of work. I collapsed more than once. 20 just pushed me a lot. Anyway. I also got help with my reverse bear hugs, which I was sucking at. We ended up fixing it up, though, so that's out of the way (for now, anyway.). And when I got home, I tried to blog, but not enough. Ah well.

And that was my day. Sorry about the very late post, but, well, you knew that. I'll see if I can get back up on the weekend. There aren't any exams then, which is good. Tomorrow is Maths and HSIE, so be ready for a post similar to Tuesday. Except, maybe a bit longer. Who knows.

One more day of exams to go,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment