Thursday, October 29, 2009

Trial School Cerificate: Mathematics and HSIE

I would have said 'History and Geography' instead of 'HSIE,' but that would mean that the title would be 'Trial School Certificate: Mathematics, History and Geography,' which is way too long for a title. Anyway, on the sheet they gave us, they actually said 'HSIE.' So, I have an excuse. Anyway. Let's have a look at my day, shall we?

I got up, of course, and packed my bag and stuff like that, making sure to include my History textbook, because History was one of the three subjects I was most worried about out of the three I was doing (History you have to know stuff, whereas Geography is more a skills-type subject, meaning you can cope with knowing less facts. Mathematics is almost nothing but skills. Do you know what I mean? I think I do... Anyway.). When I got to school, I showed John something I'd been talking to him before: the tale of the Squish (confused? Not any more! Well, less confused anyway.). Then the bell went, and we all went up to the room, but not before borrowing one of Cam's protractors, because mine broke. A while ago.

It was, I must say, a fairly easy exam. I mean, it wasn't incredibly easy, but it was fairly easy. My guess is that it's because the exam is designed for the average person, and we're in Hurlstone. And I'm in the top Maths class (I don't want to seem like I'm bragging. But, you know, it's true.). So I finished with 30 or so minutes left, out of something like 80. So I pretty much just doodled and daydreamed. It was fun (the daydreaming part, not the exam part. Exams are rarely, if ever, fun.). I think I did pretty well on the test, considering I checked and re-checked.

It was then time for the break, which, as in Tuesday, was a sort of combined Recess and Lunch (which it seems I did not mention on Tuesday's post. How strange.). There, we discussed the exam, and eventually got on to Battlefield Heroes. It's almost inevitable. We also watched the local school dog, a border collie called Hallie, chase the balls of people playing handball in the main quad. Tennis balls, that is (I just want to make that clear). Ian also showed his skills with dogs, which is rather fitting as he goes on about them all the time, and he was able to grab the dog, and lead it away on a number of times. I now call him the dog whisperer; it's just spooky. Soon, though, it ended, and we all had to go back and do the last exam of the week.

It was HSIE, which is pretty much just History and Geography, as I mentioned before. I wouldn't say it was easy, but it was easier than I expected. Of course, I've been saying that about almost all of the exams and it's unlikely that I'm right about all of them. Unless, of course, I ace every test, which I doubt. I mean, I went well in Drama, but we'll have to see about all of the others. With some of the questions in both of the exams, though, I had to think on my feet and use a bit of common sense, which I don't usually have but seems to work well for me in exams (it's what I used in Drama, and that certainly worked!). When I got home, I blogged, though certainly not enough. I also watched an episode of 'FlashForward.' It's taken a big twist, let's just say that. I didn't catch up though, in blogging.

Retro comment replies time, this one from Ebony about Tuesday's post:
*Ebony: Gnomes and fairies, sounds like a fantasy. Hmm. I do care, though; I like seeing how people find different ways to do the same question. It's pretty interesting with these open-ended questions, like writing narratives.

That was my Thursday. Sorry about the very late post, but, well, you know. I'll get back up, you know the drill. I'm not going to repeat myself again. It would be superfluously superfluous (intentional. I like jokes like that.).

Exams over; for a while, at least,
AB

2 comments:

  1. Answering your post two days ago:
    1. I would like to be a part of any BFH movie, unless of course the Ratchet thinks I'm too "bananas"
    2. I wrote my english story about a man being hunted in an icy forest.
    3. Yes, I loved "the 5 Greatest Warriors" I read it in like 8 hours.

    Thats pretty much it for know

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes and also gimmie Genius Wars, gimmie, gimmie, gimmie!

    ReplyDelete