Wednesday, October 14, 2009

That's Write

OK, it's not the greatest title. What I mean is that I wrote quite a lot today. It's all laid down in the first paragraph that isn't this one. I can't really think of a better title; I'm sorry. Anyway. Let's get straight to my day, as I'm having trouble keeping up this paragraph.

I woke up at around 8, and got ready for the day. After stuff had been done, I settled down, and surfed the net for a while. I was on the Battlefield Heroes website, looking up stuff and just basically messing around, when I came across a forum post by one of the moderators (basically just the guys who run the game. They call them moderators or mods for short.) getting Gunners to write guides for the forums. And of course, after I saw that, I decided I might write one. However, I didn't count on how long it would take. 2 hours, 4 pages and about 2500 words later, I had completed my long, tiring guide, covering everything from countering commandos to capturing flags. Here it is, if you want to have a look at it. It took a while, and it's very comprehensive. I hope it gets put on the front page! While I was doing that, EJ bought a movie on Foxtel. It was 'Paul Blart: Mall Cop,' and while it wasn't the greatest movie, I'll admit, it was still quite entertaining.

I also actually played some Battlefield Heroes, but only a little. After I'd done that, though, I figured that I needed to get some study done. So I went into my room, where it was fairly silent and peaceful, and I looked through my English book, as well as doing some Science stuff and going over Maths. That's not to say I won't cram, of course, but I will certainly do some study. I figure that some study is better than none, so why not do at least some study. After I did some study, I went to watch some TV, and I got ready for hapkido. We left at 6:45, as we had to make up for EJ's cricket training.

When I got there, I was given the new hapkido workbook (it's where we put signatures; I'm not entirely sure of its name), and I spent about 15 minutes beginning to put it all together. However, I did soon go into class and warm up. Shirisha wasn't here today, as were a lot of people. Including the teacher (who wasn't Grandmaster Geoff, but Tina), there were 14 people in class, and I stood in the second row. I learnt a new technique today, which is a fairly complicated one, and one I'll have to practice a lot more to get it right. However, I do know the basics of it, and once she showed me the way to do it, the incomprehensible became... comprehensible. It was a very tiring class, but a good one. I left at about 8:30, but not before having to go back inside to replace a book that I accidentally took that wasn't mine. Oy vey. I then blogged, but not about Wednesday. So here I am.

And that was my day. Sorry about the fairly late post, all to be explained in tomorrow's post. Also, it's a somewhat short post. You can mostly blame me on that one. Society too. Anyway. Only a few days left before term starts: bloody hell.

Learning new hapkido techniques is fun,
AB

1 comment: