Friday, October 23, 2009

Yearlies '09: Mathematics and English

Yes, they've put arguably the two biggest exams of the year that aren't for the School Certificate (Maths and English being two of the most important subjects, and the yearly being big for both of these. Of course, if you do IPT, you've done your biggest exam. But I'm not, so I haven't. Anyway.) on the same day. Is this intelligent? I don't think so. So, without further ado, to my day, as I must post quickly. I'll explain next post.

I was driven to school, as I had an exam on the first period, and I went to borrow a book from the library. When school actually sounded, we went to our exam, but apparently, we had to have Assembly, instead of before Recess. I'm not entirely sure why, but we ran with it. In the actual assembly, the microphones didn't work (there was a blackout), and at one point we were left for 15 minutes as all the teachers (I mean, every single one there) went to go and get Norris, who wasn't there. The word 'disorganised' comes to mind. We did eventually get around to doing the Maths exam, and I went for almost the whole time allotted. I went over my work, and I think I did pretty well. Some people actually didn't finish (even Mango didn't!), so I'm thankful I did. All in all, I think that exam was, if not easy, then at least not mind-bogglingly hard. Recess was discussing the exam.

Period 3 was Drama, and in that we had a sub, as Kolodziej was evidently not here. Our sub was Hackett, who was good enough to let us study for our English exam, something which was much needed and much appreciated. So, I checked over that, and thought up a few techniques for the extended response. Period 4 was Commerce, and Kearney, like Hackett, knew there was an English exam, and he also let us study. I mean, it is the English exam, and teachers seem to realise that you really have to study for that. Which is good, because I don't want to completely stuff it like the half-yearly (I really should stop mentioning that.). Lunch was doing some last minute reading up on my texts, as well as talking about jokes and Battlefield Heroes, simultaneously at some points (as in, jokes about BFH. Very rarely were they funny.). And, then the bell went.

I got to the English exam room with a sense of major worry. I was nervous about the exam, and I wanted a good mark to make up for... well, you know. I went through the comprehension in about 25 minutes. It wasn't particularly difficult, as the texts weren't ambiguous like that bloody 'Walter' story from the half-yearly (it just keeps coming up in conversation, I'm afraid.). Soon, I got to the extended response, and after looking through the question, I started to write. And write. So you can imagine my reaction when there's only 20 or so minutes left of the exam, I've done only four and a half out of eleven paragraphs, and I've already used up half of the allotted space for writing. I started to panic, and thus began to write like there was no tomorrow. I finished with about three minutes left; and then the bell rang. And with having to catch the train and everything, I had really no choice. I quickly went over the stuff I'd written, and said to Wilson (who was taking us for the exam) that I had to dash. So I handed in the exam and ran for dear life.

I thankfully got to the station in time for the station, triumphant if a little out of breath, and I got home soon. When I did get home, I played some Battlefield Heroes for a while (I was messing around with abilities, but once I got it down, I was going pretty well), and then Mum and Dad called me in to watch another episode of FlashForward. It's going pretty well; I advise you to watch it. And for the rest of the night, I pretty much just watched TV, and blogged a bit.

And that was my Friday. Before you say anything, I know, this is very late (it's bloody Sunday afternoon), but that's for reasons that were not under my control. So I'll try to get back up to schedule as quick as I can. But with the Ag exam... let's just say I won't make any promises.

5 down, 1 to go,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment