Monday, October 19, 2009

Back and Fourth

You know, there are some titles I don't like. This is not one of them. This is a good title. Why? Because it means that I went back (to school) and it is the fourth term. Also, it's a play on words on 'Back and Forth.' Really, this is a kickass title. Anyway. Yes, I went back to school today, as well as a few other things. So, let's see, and just this once, let's cut the theme music. Because, I didn't make it on the holidays. Ah well.

I woke up at 6-ish, as it turned out my alarm forgot to go off. Luckily (or, unluckily, depending on how you look at it), EJ got me up, and I spent the morning getting ready for school, and finishing Sunday's post. I mean, it wasn't on time, but it was near enough that I'm starting to get hopeful about posts that are actually on schedule. When we left, we dropped by the local shops to put credit on my phone, which was playing up and made us think there was nothing left, when there was. Oy vey. When we did get to the station, I listened to my iPod, and at school, I caught up with the guys at school. Which sort of evolved into tales about Battlefield Heroes (evolved may be a bit of an overstatement; the whole conversation was basically BFH-centred. It's something that we pretty all have in common, except Ian, Cameron and Mango. Everyone else, I'm pretty sure plays it. Oh, and Ebony.).

Period 1 was Science, and Robson was away, and Bruce was our sub (no offence to the guy, but I prefer Robson. He's nice and everything, but...). To top it off, a minute into class all the lights went out. So yeah, we were having a fantastic start to the lesson. The period itself was going through notes and flicking through the textbook, as well as trying to remember stuff from last year. Period 2 was Geography, in which we did more study, as Johnson gave us a book which had all the skills in it (and I would like to say here: I finally know the difference between longitude and latitude. Latitude measures north and south, and longitude is the other one. Yes!). Recess would have been cards, but I forgot to bring them (you would think I would have remembered something as important as that. But, no.). So it was yet more talking.

Period 3 was English, in which we talked about the right way to do an essay, and specifically, the right way to do the yearly. And from what I hear, you have to remember stuff (which we've already done an assignment on), and not read a page and a half about some random guy called Walter which, if you get wrong, amounts to a shocking English fail, even if you explained it well and wrote (even the English staff admitted) a good story! (Sorry, that really touches a nerve. Goddamn English staff.). Period 4 was Maths, where we traded rooms for what turned out to be no reason (yeah, it was just one of those days.). We just basically did revisional work (revisional is a word, right?), and looked at different topics we had done. I'm fairly confident about the Maths exam, if only really because maths is a fairly logical subject and, well, I'm good at Maths. I don't like to brag, but I am. Lunch was talking, as well as going up to the library to print out my Science assignment and hand it in, as well as see if they've got the sequel to 'The Colour of Magic' by Terry Pratchett, called 'The Light Fantastic,' which they didn't. Damn.

Period 5 was Drama, in which you would think we would have studied (I mean, it's the first bloody exam!). But no, we did something which was more fun, if perhaps a tad less sensible: we got into groups, and Kolodziej gave us a script from a scene from a great episode of 'Fawlty Towers,' called 'Waldorf Salad.' (Wikipedia article included, of course.) I played the part of Mr. Hamilton, the American who stands up to Basil. If you've seen the episode, you will know what I'm talking about. If not, then you will mostly likely be confused. Ah well; it ain't my fault if you haven't seen it. Period 6 was Commerce, and we got our assignments back. No, not marked: they're our new study guides. Apparently, in the exam, we have to write about whatever we wrote about in the assignment. Come to think of it, that's what we have to do for English too... Anyway. When I got home, I studied for Drama, played some Battlefield Heroes, and at about 7, we left for hapkido.

It was a pretty tiring class today, considering we had Tina and Grandmaster Geoff. They make for a very good combination for class, but it really takes it out of you. I was partnered with Dom today, and he helped me with a new technique, which starts off with a cross hand grab, and ends with a sort of karate chop to your tricep that can put you flat on the ground if you do it well enough. Hapkido is awesome like that. In fact, in multiple grabs, when Amadeus said something, I was able to hurt him (I forget what he said.). After class, we nominated people for hapkido awards (I had never heard of these), which are things like 'Best Effort' and 'Best Technique.' I can't say who I nominated, as it's a secret ballot and I somewhat forgot. And when I got home, I blogged, but not enough (I got halfway through the post.). So here I am.

And that, my friends, was my day. Sorry about the fairly late post, but things got in the way. Most of them study or hapkido related. Ah well. Also, if you haven't noticed, it's a rather long post. I really thought that once I got back to school, I could post longer; and I did. The system works! Anyway. I'll try to get back to schedule, but with exams, promises really can't be made.

The final term of Year 10 begins,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment