Thursday, October 22, 2009

Yearlies '09: PDHPE

I was tossing up putting just plain 'PE,' but I figured that in the half-yearly posts, 'Mathematics' wasn't 'Maths,' so it's 'PDHPE' instead of 'PE' (yeah, I checked past posts. I won't really bother with linking, because it's only a title. Also, I should really stop with the apostrophes.). So, before too long, let us all have a look at my day, on this 256th post (that's sort of a nerdy computer joke, to do with binary. I will link you the Wikipedia page, as Wikipedia somehow has a page for the number 256. OK, enough binary nerdiness.).

Period 1 was Maths, where we did some study for the Maths exam tomorrow. Faulds actually didn't get to class until about 10 minutes after the bell, and for the whole of the class I pretty much just played Sticks with Justin (we're about of even skill), as well as doing dice rolls with the random integer function on my calculator (I can say it's not really random; there's a clear favoritism for some numbers. Though coin flips are evenly distributed.). Period 2 was Drama, and we had more groups doing their 'Fawlty Towers' scenes. Shane made an excellent Basil Fawlty (as I said, I sorta wish I'd been Basil, but Mr. Hamilton), and Tansy made her appearance as Mr. Hamilton in classic Tansy fashion, that is, in mock-promiscuous nature (or, rather, I think it was mock). Recess was talking.

Period 3 was the exam, and we got in, as we do, and we read through it. And there was quite a bit of chuckling. The PE staff, geniuses they are (no sarcasm intended), had taken 'at least one incredibly wrong answer in multiple choice' to a hilarious level, with some answers being 'Chuck Norris was born before his father' for which is the most true and 'A fully sick car' for road safety. They also had repeated mentions of Mr. T, proving once and for all that the PE staff are the funniest in the school without a doubt (they even had cartoons in last year's yearly. Cartoons!). Period 4 was Science, in which we got a sheet saying absolutely everything we had to know for the Science yearly, and I thankfully knew most of it, except for the stuff we hadn't been taught, which is quite annoying. I also, with the help of a stopwatch on my iPod, was able to find out that I could do the periodic table in about 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Which is pretty good, I say. Lunch was more talking; we will return to cards soon.

Period 5 was English, and in that we discussed potential for the exam tomorrow. By which I mean that we talked about what the question could be (Hancock obviously knows, but he wasn't telling us. He was more telling us what we should do so we could be prepared for all manner of eventualities.), and he told us things to do for the essay: the basic structure, substructure, technique, quotes and so on. Basically, doing what he could to prepare us for the yearly, which I need; after the half-yearly, I need a good mark. Period 6 was History, which was watching a video on Gough Whitlam, as we have been for quite a while now (we got back into the swing of things in a new term like we never left.). In it, I also talked to Hewie about the English thing, which most seem to be worrying about rather than Maths, with good reason (not to say Maths is unimportant. But English exams...). And when I got home, I did some study, and blogged for a while.

And that was my day. There aren't any comments, but that's understandable, since most people are studying like crazy (me, I figure that you have to have some balance, so I do hapkido and blogging. It works.). So, this is the last paragraph. Tomorrow brings the two biggest exams, and one of the two I'm most worried about: English (the other being Ag.). So, I better finish up on this post, as I have time problems. As usual.

3 down, 3 to go,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment