Friday, October 16, 2009

Many, Many Movies

Three, to be exact. Also, it's sort of an alliterative title. As well, it's sort of a sucky title. Ah well. These things happen. It was a Friday today, which means only the weekend now separates me from Term 4. Oh, well. It had to come around sometime. It's also my 250th post, which I don't really count as much of a blogging milestone, though it's worth noticing. So, to my day.

I woke up at about 8:45, and for a while I just watched TV and read. I did go on my laptop a bit, but really I didn't do much. At about 11:30, after messing around for a while, I decided to go into the lounge room with Dad and EJ, after Dad watched 'Paul Blart: Mall Cop' as well, after we had bought it from Wednesday. He liked it, and after lunch, we all went back into the lounge room to watch a movie that we bought on Foxtel (because why not?). The movie was 'New In Town.' I wouldn't recommend watching it; the word 'formulaic' springs to mind. I don't want to sound like a tired old critic, but I guessed the ending pretty much before the first scene involving the protagonist was over. And I worked out who her love interest would be in his first scene. Quite frankly, don't watch this. At least 'Knowing' was worth watching, at least if not seriously. Sort of a 'so bad it's good' movie. 'New In Town' doesn't even get to that stage. About halfway through the movie, I actually gave up and started playing Battlefield Heroes (I got MG IV, which is 15 kills with a machine gun in one round. It was a very successful round.).

After the movie was finished, we decided to get another movie, which was 'Confessions of a Shopaholic.' Yes, it's a bit of a girly movie, but I still say it was a good movie. I would recommend this movie, even though it's a movie about shopping. I'm quite surprised it got negative reviews (although, the opinions of critics should really be taken with a grain of salt. 'Knowing' got fairly good reviews. Enough said.). By the time it ended (and I wasn't gaming while watching), it was about 4:30. And about one and a half hours later, after Mum had gotten home and we'd packed up, we left for Shay's place.

I hadn't seen Shay in a while, on account of her quitting hapkido and school and that type of thin. So we caught up (she got me to show her some of the new orange belt techniques. It's fun teaching people techniques.) by heading off to the local shops, mainly because Jo wanted lemonade for mixing a drink. We walked and talked, going on about friends at school and a lot of other random stuff. When we got back, we got dinner, and eventually everyone except EJ and Lachlan settled down to watching another movie that was on TV: 'Love Actually.' I've heard of it, but I've never actually watched it before. I would also recommend it, though I'll have to see it again later. I also found out that night that the Gunner guide that I wrote was featured on the front page of Battlefield Heroes! That was good. But, I did not get to post, as I was at Shay's. So here I am.

And that was my day. I'm sort of getting up to schedule, although it might take a bit. I'm sorta hoping I can take a day off just to get back. I would really love to. Also, it's finally a fairly long post, which I like as the last few have been something like 500 words.

Happy 250th post,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment