Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Books and Board Games

Ah well, back to the days of alliterative titles. This one is fairly straight forward, in that books were involved (more than usual I mean; we went book shopping, my favourite kind of shopping), and EJ and I played board games. Which is rather unusual, but we did. Hmm. Anyway, to my day.

I was woken up at around 8:00, as there, unfortunately (or not so unfortunately; we were doing something good, I suppose.), were things to be done in the day. And so, to that end, after getting ready for the day, we headed off to Westfields. Mum had to go and do some stuff (clothes and that type of thing; nothing particularly interesting), but EJ and I were allowed to go into Dymocks and get some books. Now, in case I haven't already mentioned this (and I'm mentioning it now, just in case), Dymocks is quite possibly the best bookshop in the whole of Westfields. There is also an Angus & Robertson, but their prices are higher and they have barely any physics books, although their range otherwise is slightly higher (but only slightly). So Dymocks it is (Borders is amazing, of course, with two floors of books and very reasonable prices, but the problem is it isn't in Westfields. I might live in there otherwise.). We spent quite a while in there, with EJ finding something like $80 worth of books (he originally had $100, but he was getting one of them for Christmas), due to the fact that he has many series (is series the plural of series?) of books and they have books coming out very quickly. Me, I mainly have authors, and they don't publish books that often (though I am looking out for the new Matthew Reilly book, and the new Hitchhiker's Guide book by Eoin Colfer. I'm not sure whether he'll be as good as Douglas Adams, but I'm still getting it.). However, I did still buy a book: 'The Colour of Magic' by Terry Pratchett. I hear he's good, and I decided I would try him out.

After buying, Mum got here, and we then went into Spotlight to get some stuff. Once that was done, we had a quick look inside Angus & Robertson (we didn't get anything), and we headed home. When we got home, it was about time for lunch, and I decided to play Monopoly with EJ (there was an Xbox 360 at the house back in Canberra, and EJ played a game on there a lot, which was a virtual Monopoly game). We played for something like 2 hours, until I started to get bored. That's a problem with Monopoly: it can just go for ages and ages. So we packed that up, and I then adjourned to my room to blog, as well as do some of my assignment (Science assignments...). I got through Sunday's and Monday's post and thus published every single post from Friday through to Monday (I wanted to put it all out there in one big hit; I don't know why). To end the day, I read some, but didn't get to post for today. So here I am.

That was my Tuesday. Sorry about the late post; blame a back-up of posts as well as hapkido. Society works too. Anyway. I will see if I can get my schedule back, but we'll have to see. Holiday procrastination may kick in.

Ah, books, how I love thee,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment