Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Almost No Writing

It's true. Today I wrote almost nothing (in school, I mean. I'm not counting blogging). That's not to say I didn't do any work. But there was no writing. Also, I still couldn't think of any titles. Damn.

I slept in today, since my alarm underwent total existence failure (yeah, I stole that from Douglas Adams), as it always done when my radio is on. I'm not entirely sure why (I can't, I'm asleep at the time), but it does. So I didn't get to blog then. Anyway. Period 1 was English, in which we did an English competition. If you're wondering why I didn't mention that before, it's because I didn't know about it. At all. I don't know how everyone else knew; I didn't. The comp itself was more difficult than I first expected, and there were some easy questions and some hard ones (what the hell does indolent mean?). Period 2 was Maths, which was a shortened period due to the test. We were just doing some revision questions. Simple algebra, mostly. Recess was the standard.

Third period was Drama, in which we continued our Coolwave (trademark) ad, and actually performed it. Oscar wasn't here, and there were only 3 characters, so Ebony sat out. Cameron was the zebra who wanted to stop his ice-cream melting, I was the penguin who introduced the Coolwave , and Shane was Glen from Coolwave Industries who was the main promoter of the Coolwave (none of these were my ideas). We got several laughs, including one at my entrance from behind the curtains with my hat sideways, sunglasses, and walking like a penguin. No, I'm not kidding. Period 4 was Commerce, which was reading about the different kinds of tax, like GST and income tax. Bit of a bludge, really. Lunch was 13.

Periods 5 and 6 were PE, in which we did European handball for the first time in a while. We started off doing warm-ups, your standard throw and catch. I ended up partnered with Ebony, and the sequence went something like this: Ebony throws it to me with good accuracy but low power. I get the ball, and throw it with average accuracy (I occasionally missed her entirely) and stronger power. Ebony avoids the ball, and goes to get it. She comes back, and throws it to me. I'm simplifying a lot here, but that was the general gist of things. We then played a game of European handball with the guys that were there, and I wasn't as good as the others. That's not to say I was necessarily bad, they were just better. We then, in the last 10 or 15 minutes, played a whole class plus Mr Wilson game that stretched the entire asphalt basketball area (in other words, a little more than two courts). They ended up winning, but mainly because they got the team with the guys that won, and Mr Wilson played on their team. Now that's hardly fair. But, yeah. They won. And when I got home, I spent most of my time getting the speech cards ready for my assignment. But I didn't get to blog, so that's why this is late.

And that was my Tuesday. I apologise profusely for the incredibly late post, but with assignments and hapkido getting in the way, there's not much else I could have done. And with the Ag assignment and the weekend, well, we're all just going to have to grin and bear it. It's annoying for me, as there's a constant deadline (not after the night before. Sometimes it gets close). But that happens.

Soon good titles shall come,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment