Saturday, August 8, 2009

Shooting, Sport and Superheroes

This is the third time in a week I've used alliteration with 'S' for titles. And I was going so well too. These goddamn titles. Ah well. Shooting refers to Battlefield Heroes (this should be obvious; I used this on Monday), sport refers to AFL (also obvious; I use this all the friggin time) and superheroes refers to the movie our family watched today, Watchmen (not obvious at all). Anyway. To my day.

I woke up at around 7:30, and we left for the footy around 9. I read and talked for a bit, and I then went to boundary umpire EJ's game. I was at the far end, and the wind was blowing in my direction. However, for some reason, the ball almost never went out. So I was stuck jogging backwards and forwards on the boundary, just waiting. In the actual game itself, Southwest, or EJ's team, (first) played Campbelltown (second). They essentially won the game in the first quarter, kicking 4 goals to none. They won by about 30 in the end, but their inaccuracy cost them. Well, maybe it wasn't inaccuracy so much as unluckiness. One score in particular springs to mine, after the ball touched the post while over the line, and was called a point. In brighter news, Mitchell, kicked 2 goals with his non-preferred foot, and Ben (Lachy's cousin) marked a long ball from a kick-out from the goalsquare after a point, and promptly sent the ball straight back where it came, only this time getting a goal. It was pretty spectacular for his age bracket.

After the game, we went home, and I went straight to blogging and doing my assignment. My Ag thing is coming along nicely, and hopefully I'll get it done soon. At around about 4, Dad and I sat down in the lounge-room to watch the Saints-Hawks game, which promised to be a close game, with 7 of the Saints players out. St Kilda, however, won every quarter convincingly, ending up winning by 25 points. I would have preferred to watch the Dogs-Eagles game, with the benefit of hindsight, but ah well. While watching the actual game, I decided to play some Battlefield Heroes, as I, well, wanted to. My laptop. I'm getting better with my gunner, with my average score improving. My kill-death ratio sucks (I'm at about 1:2 for my gunner. And he's the best one.), but still. I play because it's fun. After the game, I went to blog, and after dinner and such, we all had a family movie night (that's what they're called. Not too creative, but who cares. The movie was 'Watchmen,' and I'm not exaggerating by saying it was bloody awesome. I do not recommend it to anybody who has weak stomachs. Or has an objection to sex scenes. It's MA15+. Graphic violence and nudity ensues. Also epic detective who kills everything while his mask changes for some reason and blue, glowing Jesus (there may be some exaggeration here. But not much.). So after the movie, I surfed the net, and looked up the movie.

To comments now, because I actually have them. This is cause for celebration, people: My first comment in something like a week.
*Karen: I entirely agree; my periodic table shirt is to be loved. I have no idea how people couldn't like it. It's brilliant! Also, yes, Kolodziej was being an ass and a half. He just went haywire. It was strange. He doesn't often explode put of nowhere. Usually you see it coming.

And that was my day. Sorry about the late post extraordinaire, many things happened, such as the movie, and well, you'll see next post. Thank you, Karen, for the comment, thank you parents for the movie rental, and so long, and thanks for all the fish.

I hate posts when they get this late,
AB

1 comment:

  1. I just think Kolodziej needs a girlfriend LOL he needs someone to love him back. Since there aren't that many people.

    You're like obsessed with AFL aren't you!?

    I watched Little Miss Sunshine tonight, it was sooooo cute :) What book are you reading at the moment Ab?! I'm reading The Book Thief, it's good :D

    ReplyDelete