Sunday, August 16, 2009

On the Battlefield

The title originates from a mishearing of that Jordin Sparks song, 'Battlefield,' which sadly has nothing I could quote for a title, although there is a lot of stuff that could really relate to Battlefield Heroes (examples: 'raise that flag,' an obvious one; and 'I'm not here without a shield,' which is the Gunner's Code.). Because that's what today was for me. A whole heap of going out and shooting up the place. I'll also do a list, for the first time in almost a month.

I woke up at 9 (I know. I don't usually do that.), and I took a while really waking up, as I do. I finally got to do stuff at about 10 (hey, the weekend ain't for rushing. Well, if you've got an assignment, that's different. But I didn't have one, so I didn't rush.), which ended up being blogging about Saturday while watching EJ play PS3. I ended up finishing the post at around 1, which is early for a weekend, but later than usual. If that makes sense. Meanwhile, my brother was continuously pestering me to play Battlefield Heroes, who is a sort of backseat driver for the game. He can't get an account to play, because he's too young, so he tries to get me to play. So I ended up playing for around 4 or 5 hours, improving my k/d ratio and getting myself to Level 11. Sweet. It is really fun being a Gunner, and I'm getting better on a whole heap of things.

I was also periodically checking up the footy scores (I had to do a new paragraph because this one goes on for a bit), and guess what? Apart from the fact that the Demons demolished the Dockers (try saying that five times fast), something more important happened: Carlton beat Port Adelaide. Never mind the fact that it was at AAMI, or that Fevola is now the top goalkicker, or that they won by 9 goals, and so on; it also means that the Blues are a certainty to make the finals. They will play in the finals for the first time since 2001, since I can remember. Call me crazy, but I think they're in with a chance. They won't win the premiership, of course, I know that, but I mean to go further than you might think; they've beaten or at least come close to almost every team in the eight, barring themselves (I think. Could be wrong.). You just watch, too. And over the coming years, they will be kicking ass and taking names. That's what I think, anyway. So after that, I had dinner, and I then went to watch some 'Seinfeld.' I also went in to watch the end if the Saints-Bombers game, and the Bombers won. How the mighty have fallen, with Essendom proving that the undefeatable Saints are not so undefeatable after all. I'm not sure if it's a good result for the Blues or not, but it certainly makes for a very interesting season end. And after the game, I stayed in to watch some of the replay of the Blues game, and then I went to blog. And here I am.

To the list now, with this one being the top 5 most played songs on my iPod, from 5 to 1, and exactly why I like them.
*5: 'End of the World' by Great Big Sea: This is a really good song, of course, because the lyrics are so fast, and the song is so catchy. I love it, and I want to learn all the words so that I can sing along. I can't yet, though.
*4: 'Any Means Necessary' by Hammerfall: With thanks to Victor for introducing me to this song. I mean, it is just so bloody hardcore. I love songs with a good beat, and this one is the epitome of that. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but it makes it to number 4.
*3: 'The Final Countdown' by Europe: The guitar in this song is just epic. I'm not even sure if it is the guitar (I'm pretty sure it is), but whatever instrument is playing at the start of this song, it is awesome.
*2: 'Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)' by The Offspring: OK, this one is sort of weird, because I used to sing this all the time as a kid. I mean, a really young kid. And it's on my iPod, and it is so much fun. It reminds me of me, sort of. It's a great song, but it's just edged out by Number 1.
*1: 'The Elements' by Tom Lehrer: Ah, what else? The nerdiest of all songs, the greatest of all Tom Lehrer songs, and the brilliant science song. I can sing along to this whole song, and it truly earns its place as Number 1. I simply love it.

And that was my day. Sorry about the whole thing where I just went on about AFL, but... why am I apologising? My blog. Eh, just skip over it if you don't like it; I, at least, wanted to say it. Also, listen to every song in my list; they're all worth it.

5 brilliant songs await your listening,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment