Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rest and Randomness

Well, by rest I refer to not doing that much in class, not sleeping rest. And randomness, well, I believe this is self-explanatory. Also, yes, an alliterative title for the umpteenth time this month. They're annoying, they're frustrating, and I don't really care anymore. That much. Anyway. To my day, which was a bit of a mixed bag.

Period 1 was Geography, in which we attempted to complete the cutting and pasting for the 5 sheets from yesterday, as the majority of people (me included) didn't finish it. I got almost all of it done. It's not hard so much as tedious, and that is sometimes very annoying; and this period was no exception. Period 2 was Science, in which we did some revision work on motion, and most importantly, the whole chapter on electricity and the electromagnetic spectrum. Which is somewhat difficult, because I can barely remember that far back. Just means I'll have to do a fair bit of revision before the test, I suppose. But when I did finish it, I got my book out. Which is always good. Recess was 13.

Period 3 was Ag, in which the few groups still to do their presentations (two in all) showed the class. Before they set up, I tried to make a house of cards, but it kept collapsing. And when I finally was getting it working, it was time for the presentations. Ah well. Ebony and Corinne were first, and then the last group for the whole presenting was Rhys and Sophie's. We then did some work on potatoes, as if this whole thing never even happened. Of course. Next was PE, in which we watched a tape of 'What's Good For You,' which dealt with such things as waxing versus shaving, and whether microwaves are safe (they obviously are. And they proved it. So there.). Lunch was weird and more than a little bit random. John was doing stuff for IPT, and his space was free. So for some reason, Kevin, Andy and I sat in different places and pretended to be the people who usually sat there. It's hard to explain properly. And towards the end of Lunch, part of my bag broke. I'm still not entirely sure how, but it wasn't like last time; it's less serious. Still annoying though. Damn my bad luck.

Period 5 was Maths, in which we started a new topic (yes, we started a new topic yesterday as well. Yes, it's retarded. I know.). This one was on trigonometry, and it was a bit of a bludge. Telling us stuff we already know is not particularly fun, or hard work. Period 6 was Drama, in which we just watched the ad that Cam made, after spending a good 20 minutes trying to get it to play. It was really good, apart from one thing: it's 30 seconds too long. And with a 1 and a half minute video, that's a problem. But the ad itself, apart from that, was really funny. We're going to cut out some of the song in the beginning, and unnecessary bits in the middle. Ah well. We didn't do any work, so it was a bit of a bludge. When I got home, I blogged, and later I fixed up some of the album covers for my iPod. But I only got about halfway through this post, so here I am.

And that was my day. I think I'm catching up for my 200th post; I better be. I also hope I get comments for it, but if I don't, that's fine. I mean, I'd prefer them, but... anyway. Expect a post on time, if not for tomorrow, then for Thursday for sure.

Labelling was harder than usual for this post,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment