Sunday, August 23, 2009

Shopping and Shay's

What? I haven't used this title? I have now! Anyway. I went shopping, and I went to Shay's. I also did other things. Titles aren't perfect, folks. Otherwise, there wouldn't be all that complaining recently. Ah well. To my day, as I'm rapidly running out of ideas for this opening paragraph, at least for today.

I was woken up at 8, and I was still half-asleep 45 minutes later. I just hadn't had enough sleep. But at 8:30, we left for McDonalds, where we saw a familiar face: none other than Shaylee. None of us had any idea that she was working there (I didn't, at least), but we said hello. Or, rather, I waved, and she tried to avoid anyone realising that we knew each other. Though that's probably the wisest thing: EJ was in his skeleton jacket, and he was getting stares. Shay herself was on the hash browns, and so we had some of them, as well as hotcakes and Maccas orange juice. We then went to our grandparents' place, as Dad had to fix Poppa's computer. I spent basically the entire time playing Scrabble, and reading my book. We were supposed to have left our grandparents' place, gone to the shops, then left the shops and be back at home by midday. We left at 12:15, thus utterly throwing us off schedule.

On the drive to Westfields, Dad told us a little surprise he had been saving: with the money our parents had got back from tax (eight thousand dollars, give or take. I think.), they would give EJ and I both $100 (I got an extra $30 for boundary running over the past few weeks), and said we could spend it on whatever we want. EJ found 3 games in JB Hi-Fi, and was already in debt 15 minutes in (he spent $103 on games). I myself travelled far and wide, from Dymocks to Angus & Robertson, but alas, there were no physics books in stock. Not even a really expensive one that I could now afford. There was one big mathematics book, but I opened it and I couldn't understand half of it. So I put it down. And I couldn't really find anything else, unfortunately so I left Westfields at around 3:15 with nothing but a heavier wallet. We got home at about 3:30, and we got a call from Michael that we were having a spontaneous barbecue (as in, 'You know what? Let's have a barbecue!') with them. So we left at 5, with my blogging sadly uncompleted. We did many things, including bouncing on the trampoline, watching the Bombers-Dockers game (yes, Essendon beat first one week, then lost to second-last the next), and talked about all manner of things. We got home at about 7:30, and I made a quick dash to blog about Saturday. It's been very rush-rush this weekend.

And as there are no comments, this shall be my last paragraph. I'd like to take some time here to apologise for the very late post; I am going to catch up for Thursday. I can't miss my 200th post because I've been caught up, dammit! So expect a post on time some time soon.

A long weekend gives way to school,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment