Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday Misfortune

I guess that could be taken as saying that Monday is misfortune (side note: is misfortunate a word? Sure it makes sense, but it doesn't really sound right. Or is the adjective unfortunate, since there is no noun for unfortunate. Anyway.). But I also had some bad luck. And I know it's an alliterative title, I do have an excuse for that. Something that goes "X and Y" is a bad title. "X Y" is better. Anyway. I'm getting off track a lot here. To my day, before I continue ranting in the opening paragraph.

Before school, I talked to John, Andy, Eric and Kevin about Battlefield Heroes in the weekend, and mostly how this guy called Pist0lbash (link) that we found in the servers (he was the guy getting 19 kills no deaths from yesterday) kept owning everybody. Period 1 was Science, in which we did some more recapping, as well as some work on mutations. Pretty standard stuff, no bludging or anything. Period 2 was Computer Maths. Or, rather, Maths in the computer labs. We were doing revision work, and I had the misfortune (dun dun dah!) to lose my calculator (I know; it's shameful. I've had that calculator for years. I think I can even remember getting it. Though that could be something else entirely.), and break both of my mechanical pencils, all in the space of 10 minutes. One was visibly stuffed, with the pencil lead visibly infiltrating the mechanics of the pencil and rendering it useless, and the other I have no idea why it doesn't work. It just does. So for most of the period, I borrowed Mango's pencil and calculator, and did some of the work.

Recess was the usual. Periods 3 and 4 were double Ag, and thanks to Schippers's wondrous announcement on Friday, none of us had to do our presentation. Instead, we just went up to the farm, like last double Ag. Unlike the last double Ag periods, however, Ebony went to talk to her group, so I went and listened to my iPod. It was mostly Monty Python and solitaire (a very good combination), but towards the end, it was some Abridged. Ebony then came to talk, which was awkward as I had to explain what Abridged was. Which is very hard. It's very hard to explain (and if you haven't seen it, see it. Now.). We then asked each other questions, as we do when we get bored. Lunch was 13.

Period 5 was English, in which the class started the in-class speeches. I did mine, of course, so I got the job of the timekeeper. Which involved clicking the stopwatch and dinging a bell. You would think this would be easy. But, no. There was an argument at the start about whether I should ding at 3 minutes or 3 minutes and 30 seconds. We settled at 3 minutes. More problems ensued when I went to ding the bell; and there was just a tap. Dinging a bell is not supposed to be a difficult task. But I seemed to make it hard to do. I got it in the end. Period 6 was History, which was just doing some work from the textbook. We're really starting to rush, and I'm not entirely sure why. Ah well. After I got home, I did a bit of work, and then it was time for hapkido.

Shay didn't come tonight, because there was problems with her diabetes (yeah, she has diabetes. I don't think I've mentioned that. Real-life spoilers!). Shirisha did come, however. The class itself was good, except for this: My rolls are awful. Well, that's not entirely true: Both of my front rolls are fine, or at least OK, and my left back roll is coming along well. But I try my right back roll, and I start thinking way too much, and my body doesn't sync up. Practice make perfect, I suppose. So when I got home, I blogged, but not enough. So here I am.

To comments now, 1 from 1 person:
*Karen: I'm not actually in IPT, I do Commerce. I was thinking of doing IPT, but I saw the try-out sheet, and I just put it down again. Glad I did, actually, after hearing my group's experiences in it. My days are actually really early; it sort of pans out that way in our family. The 'Hitchhiker's' movie isn't too bad, but it doesn't compare to the books. At all.

And that was my Monday. Sorry about the late post, hapkido and assignments got in the way. Ah well. That happens. Late posts might abound lately, with the Ag presentation. We'll just have to see.

This Ag thing is getting to me,
AB

3 comments:

  1. I stopped commenting a while ago as I wanted to conceal my identity.
    I see know that if I were to continue to comment, you would figure out who I am, and this is not a risk I am prepared to take.
    But I wanted to say hello again, I fear you have forgotten me, not that I made myself too well known originally.
    I read your blog regularly still, but I will not comment again.

    Terrified of revealing my identity,
    A friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo to XY! Yay to XX :P Bwahah I'm so lame.
    Man your group is like 13 obsessed!!! Why don't you just bring a board game to school and play that :) I'd totally join in!
    Ohh commerce..you're one of the commerce people, boo! History major and Japanese minor, japanese is ok. Regretted not choosing sport science though..
    Yeah IPT sounds boring, Jordan is always talking about writing IPT notes. Like ew!
    Nice post AB :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since you told me off for not commenting...
    Yes, you sucked as time keeper, a ha ha.
    But I think I have to do my speech today D=. I don't wanna do it!!!
    History was no only doing work from the text book, but doing it in COMPLETE SILENCE. It was weird! She demmanded that we be quiet, and I don't even know why =S
    And yes, IPT sucks. And Payne is a creepy weirdo.

    I'm an aeroplane!

    ReplyDelete