Saturday, August 29, 2009

Country Fair '09

Yes, today was the day marked months in advance in the Hurlstone calendar, possibly the main event of the Hurlstone year: the Country Fair. So, without further ado, let's see what happened, both while at the Country Fair and after it, when less happened. Yes, another late post, I really am starting not to care. I will get back permanently after I stop procrastinating. I don't know when that will be; maybe later.

I got up at around 8, and we quickly rushed around to get ready to go to the Country Fair. Nanny and Poppa arrived at around 9, as they were going this year, and we left shortly after. We got there at about 9:30, and we travelled around for a bit, having a look what was at the Country Fair this year before getting anything. We saw some vintage automobiles (which sounds so much better than old cars), and an antique pump that ran on petrol. I just watched it while it worked. It was really interesting. We then wandered around, looking at the stalls and, of course, we had to go and see the animals (it's less exciting if you see them every day). EJ also got what he wanted, his natural honey (he loves honey), and then pestered me about when John was coming (he's heard him on Skype and seen how good he is on Battlefield Heroes. So he kind of idolises him now.). Mum, EJ, Nanny and Poppa left at about 11, but I was allowed to stay for a while.

And who should I see just as they left but John himself. My brother was kicking himself when he found out. We talked for a while, and then I went to watch Cam perform. He did a few traditional songs, one of the ones we wrote ('Pixelated,' for the maybe 4 or 5 people who know what I'm talking about. And I know what it is, and it's my blog, so I'm writing it.), and he ended with a Coldplay song, Viva La Vida, I think. Naturally. Eric also played for the last 2 songs. After that, I stayed to watch the Concert Band, as John was a part of it. They did, among others, a composite of all the Star Wars music, such as the title sequence and the music that the alien band played on Tatooine in the bar where they met Han Solo. I then went around to the various stalls, going to the art stall to check out some of the works, and eating some stuff when I got hungry, such as a white chocolate Magnum (mmm, white Magnum...). I was picked up after a while talking to people and surfing various stalls, and got home at around 1.

Debbie and Charlotte (more friends from footy) stopped by at about 2:30, where they brought two rabbits that they had just gotten. They were as yet unnamed. One of them had half of its face black, and the other half white; it was almost exactly split down the middle. I campaigned to call it Harvey, after Harvey Dent, also known as Two-Face, the guy in 'The Dark Knight.' And if I just spoiled something, then, well, that's really your fault for having not seen the movie yet. It is a very good movie. Anyway. When they left, I went back on my computer, and I then spent essentially the rest of the night blogging, surfing the net, and playing a lot of Battlefield Heroes (I got to Level 12. Sweet.) But I didn't get to blog about today, so here I am.

And that was my day. Yes, it's a late post, and yes, it's a relatively short post. It's hard putting out upwards of, say, 600 words when there's been something like 4 hours doing basically the same thing. Ah well.

I reckon it'll be a really good Country Fair next year,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment