Monday, August 24, 2009

No Writing Returns

I think this title is fairly straight-forward: it was yet another day where we did essentially no writing. I don't think I need to explain further. Except for the grammatical problems that plague my title... You know what, who cares. Let's just skip straight ahead to my day.

Period 1 was Science, in which we completed that work about graphing and did yet more work on constant motion, acceleration and staying still. You know what I think? I think this is extremely easy and it seems unnecessary. However, we have to do it for the exam. Ah well. I guess easy topics are good for exams. Period 2 was Geography, in which we got a grand total of 7 bloody sheets, with 2 of them being double-sided and giving us an assignment in the process. May I please say that that is ridiculous. We spent the majority of the period looking at the assignment and cutting and pasting stuff in our book from 5 of the sheets. Recess was the usual.

Period 3 was English, in which we had Arnault again. And you know what? Having had him for the first time since I started hapkido, I can say that he really reminds me of Grandmaster Geoff. I mean, he will talk to the class like a teacher, but not in a too uptight way, he'll give a lot of anecdotes, he's funny, and he's bald (well, they are, but that's not really why). We read this poem called 'The Jarvie Park Jiggers.' No, really. I was trying not to laugh when we were reading it. Period 4 was Maths, in which we did statistics. Again: I don't particularly enjoy statistics. Algebra and trigonometry I like; statistics seems somewhat needlessly complicated. But enough of my complaining about subjects; that's twice today. I will stop. Lunch was as Lunch is, that is, with cards. Cameron also tried to get into a debate about something or other (standard Cam stuff). I mention this only really because at one point Cam tried to advance on me for some reason, and I pushed him back (he blamed my 'karate.' He meant my hapkido.). So when he tried to do it again, he backed off after it clicked, and he said 'Oh, right.' Pretty funny.

Period 5 was Drama, in which we went to the computer rooms to get the various videos to do with the advertisement we have been filming these past few days from the cameras, and getting them onto USBs for editing. It quickly became clear that Ebony's USB is something like 128 megabytes, making her a somewhat technologically backward person (she doesn't have an iPod. I feel sorta sorry for her about that.). We managed to get it onto Shane's USB, because Ebony's was too small. Cam wanted to take it home to do the work, because "he has a Mac." Oy vey. Period 6 was Commerce, in which we marked work from something like 2 weeks ago. Yep, that's the way it goes. After school, I did some work, and around 6:55, we left for hapkido.

Both Shay and Shirisha were there today, which was pretty good. We talked about life in our respective schools, and Shirisha backed me up on a few things. I also tried to get some work on my back rolls done, but Grandmaster Geoff said to line up before I got a chance. Ah well. We also were doing some work with running and numbers (hard to explain properly), and the first number he called out was 42 (Douglas Adams). Another one was 314, which is less straight-forward and possibly more nerdy (it's the first 3 digits of pi: 3.14159...). I didn't get any signatures done, obviously, though I will work harder to get them done in the future. So when I got home, I blogged about Sunday, and did a bit for today. Although, not enough. So here I am.

And this is how my Monday went. Yes, this is a late post than usual, although it is less late than usual; and I think, early enough to get back on schedule for Thursday. Here's hoping I do.

Damn these late posts!,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment