Friday, August 7, 2009

A Glorious Friday

And I'm not just saying that because it was Friday (although that is a large contributor). I'm saying that because it was just a great day. No ifs, ands or buts about it. There was mufti, no assembly, an utter bludge in Period 4... well, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's start from the top, shall we?

It was Jeans for Genes today at our school, and I leapt at the opportunity to wear that great shirt: The Periodic Table shirt. Sure, it's short sleeve, but I wore a jacket. Being cold shall not get in the way of science! Period 1 was Geography, in which we did some work from the textbook, and paid for the mufti day. I swear, mufti days have got to be one of the easiest ways for schools to raise money: they're not selling anything, but they're still making money. Period 2 was Science, in which I showed Robson my shirt, and the reaction is about what you'd expect (he actually clapped). What we did for actual work was summing up what we'd done over the past few weeks.

There was no assembly for some reason today, but I'm not complaining. I ended up playing 13 for 45 minutes, and paying for the walkathon I did a while back. Period 3 was Ag, in which I caught up on work I missed from the Chemistry comp. Although it turns out that people didn't do much work at all when I was gone, so I didn't miss much. I also got told fantastic news: The Ag assignment has been postponed to Thursday. This is great, as it means that I don't have to be so rush-rush on the weekends. I'll still try to get it done by Monday, of course, if only so I can get it done with. But still. It's very good. Period 4 was PE, or at least it would have been if Wilson had ever shown up. But he didn't, so all I really did was read and listen to my iPod. An absolute bludge, really.

Lunch was more 13, although the first half was spent traipsing around the school, looking for my cards. I found them in my bag. Yeah. Period 5 was Maths, in which we did some more revision. I also got an invitation to the Australian Intermediate Mathematics Olympiad, which is a 4 hour test with 10 questions. A four-hour test. With 10 questions. Yes, they are mindbogglingly difficult. I spent about half the period just working on one of them. I eventually figured it out, but it involved a lot of dead ends. Period 6 was Drama, in which we did some work on advertising. Usually, a period like that would be forgettable, but not this one. At one point, the class was talking, and Kolodziej cracked it at Jayson, Shane and Kale. I don't think he exploded at them for any reason in particular, he just did. He told them to split up, and Shane ended up sitting with Cameron and me, and Jayson by himself. But that wasn't. Jayson, being incredibly determined, started arguing with Kolodziej, and, to top it off, dared Kolodziej to send him out of the class. Kolodziej called his bluff, and so Jayson walked out. Just left. He came back with 10 minutes left, after he allegedly tried to get a head teacher (I don't know who), who ended up not being there.

After school, we did some chores, and we also went out to Club Italia with Shay and her family for dinner. I think it was my first actual formal dinner, and it was hard. Mainly because the menu was in Italian. I ordered the risotto, though after I tasted the gnocchi in cheese sauce, I probably should have had that. It was delicious. Incredibly so. There were many Scenes from an Italian Restaurant today (you see, that was a joke. Laugh.), and we got home around 7:45. I was watching the Blues-Cats game and playing Battlefield Heroes by 8. Both things turned out very well: Carlton took Geelong down by 35 points, and I ended up making it to Level 8, almost Level 9. Soon my Gunner (SuicideBait) will overtake my Commando (RigelK), and I will enjoy that very much. I didn't get to blog, though, so here I am.

And that was my day, my very very good day. And if you disagree that it was not, in fact, a good day, I suggest you a) look back on all that I've said; and b) stop telling me how to live my life and how I feel about it. Curse you, hypothetical situation guy! Anyway. Sorry about the later post. At least it isn't rushed.

Today was t3h awesome,
AB

1 comment:

  1. (L) your periodic table shirt!!!
    and i heard about the drama incident, k-dawg was being an ass and a half

    ReplyDelete