Saturday, August 15, 2009

Gone Clubbing

Because I went to EJ's footy club for his game and I went to a club for my great-grandmother's ninetieth. Ta-da! Titling is not that easy, OK? Although this one is one of the better ones of late. Anyway. Also a late post, but not as late as it could have been. But, yeah, still late. It is the weekend, after all.

I got up at around 8:30, and we had to rush around to get ready for footy. We got to the ground at about 9:30, and I read my New Scientist magazine for a bit. I also ended up going around selling Tigers newsletters for 50c each. Shaylee talked me into it, somehow. I sold 3 copies, and got a dollar donation. $2.50 for about 20 minutes work. $2 if you factor in how I got a lollipop for doing it. Yeah. Then, Nanny, Poppa and Aunty Fay came over, and I talked to them for a bit. EJ's game started at around 11 (I think). It was a pretty intense game, and I had to run like there was no tomorrow. At one point, courtesy of Billy, I had to run from one end of the ground to the other. Which was extremely tiring. EJ's team ended up winning by 30 or 40 points, and on his 151st game. That means he broke the club record. The only thing I have in footy now that he doesn't is a Best & Fairest (I got one when I was comparatively good. EJ keeps getting seconds and thirds. I only got anything on that year.). After the game, we (Nanny, Mum, Aunty Fay and I) rushed back home to get ready to go to a birthday.

It was my great-grandmother's, or Big Nan's, nineteth birthday, and we went up to Canley Heights Club (please note: I could be entirely wrong. I forget the actual name of the club.) for the celebration. We met up with Dad and EJ there, who had come directly from footy. I, fortunately, had brought my iPod and book, as it was mostly adults and kids under 12 there. So for most of the day, I read, and when I finished it, I took out my iPod. I also ate a lot, as I would. The whole thing went for about 2 and half hours. On the car ride back, Dad, EJ and I sang alogn to 'Always Look on the Bright Side of Life,' as we attached my iPod to the speakers. And so for the rest of the night, I played Battlefield Heroes, as well as trying to get MSN to work, as it was, and is, stuffing up on me. Ah well. That happens. I just wish it didn't.

And that was my day. Sorry about the shorter post, but there wasn't much to blog about. And there's no comments. But hey, that happens. I might also do a list for Sunday's post, if I'm not playing Battlefield Heroes, that is! Ah, it's a fun game. Not for everyone of course, but a lot of people might like it. Anyway.

My titles will hopefully improve,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment