Sunday, August 2, 2009

Speeches and Shootings

OK, allow me to just clear this up: I played BFH. Shooting otherwise did not come into play. I don't want anyone to misunderstand. Now that we've got the title out of the way (oh right, the speech. English assignment. Got me?), it's time to talk about my Sunday. Which involved much more gaming than I expected. Hooray!

I got up at about 8, after laying in bed for a while, after I couldn't be bothered getting up. Well, it is the weekend. But I did get up, and I had breakfast at about 9, after going on MSN for a while. However, after breakfast, brushing my teeth, doing the dishwasher and so on, it was already 10:30. And when I got back, I moved into my room, and started to blog about Saturday. I mean, it had to get done, otherwise I'd never get anything else done. So I did that, and by this time, it was about lunchtime (you have to factor in the procrastination here. I mean, there is no rush. I listened to music and surfed the net, mostly.).

After I'd eaten lunch (yes, I'm starting a new paragraph), I went back to my room, and I said to myself that I have to finish this English speech (if I didn't finish it today, I'd be in trouble. Hell, there's still an Ag presentation that needs doing.). I got to work after lunch, and I worked on it for over 2 hours. And that was when I hit a snag: I timed it. I spoke fast (as I do, and try not to); and got to about 4 minutes and 22 seconds. If I were to do that in the actual speech, I would be in some trouble. So I spent a while trying to thin down the speech. I got to 4 minutes and 8 seconds, and that's where it'll stay. By this time, Dad and EJ had left for hiking with Mick and Lachlan. After it was done, then, I decided to play some Battlefield Heroes. I played right up until dinner, with Eric while he was playing. For dinner, I had chicken marinade, which is one of my favourite homemade meals ever (lasagna would also be up there). After dinner, after continuous pestering from my brother, I played BFH again, this time with John and Victor. I was the self-appointed tank killer, and it worked out fairly well. I then went to blog, but I didn't get to finish. So here I am.

This is the last paragraph, for reasons that should be very obvious (no comments, in case you're guessing). Sorry for the late post again. In case you're wondering who or what to blame, see the end of the first paragraph of the last post. It's also a short post; even less happened than yesterday. Hell, I was lucky to get this much. Anyway. I'll end with another Monty Python quote, because I can.

An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment