Monday, August 31, 2009

Marks On Monday

In which I got the marks for the Ag presentation, and the Science comp (yes, I know I sort of got the results on Friday, I actually got the marks back today). Yes, there is a titling problem, though I am expecting it to improve soon. And if it doesn't, well, whatever. My blog. Anyway. To my day.

Period 1 was Ag, in which we got the marks back for our Ag presentation (I got 94%, topping the class. Sweet.). We also did some work on potatoes. Because in Ag, you do work on things that seem relatively mundane and in fact are. Like potatoes. Soon we'll be on to things with legs (dun dun dah!). Anyway. Period 2 was a computer lesson for Geography, in which we did a bit of an assignment due on Friday. Of bloody course. If it isn't one thing it's another. Anyway. I actually got a fair bit of work done, and I learnt a lot about the 1960s (their music was kick-ass). Recess was cards, mostly 31 and 13. We're starting to play a bit of both; add a new game to our repertoire.

Period 3 was Maths, in which we did something called the sine rule (Wikipedia can tell you what it is). We did the proof and all, and I tell you what: maths is awesome. I mean, you get all of these complicated diagrams, and you condense it down to something that works for all triangles and that you could teach a Year 7, and that they would get. The word I'm really getting to here is elegant. Science agrees: it is indeed an... Elegant Universe! (ultimate nerdy joke! Explanation for you un-physics nerds. For shame.) Period 4 was Science, in which we learnt of a new graph called a velocity graph. Which is exactly like the last graph, but it measures how fast something's going instead of where it is. It can also go into negatives (ooh! Negative!). Anyway. So for essentially the whole period, we did work on them. I also read a little of my book. Lunch was 13 and 31, as well as messing with Johnny's head by tapping him on the other shoulder (yeah, that worked. He was going nuts about it. Hilarious.).

Period 5 was Commerce, in which we got this sheet about unemployment, and talked about that. It was double-sided, and it was about one and a half pages in total. However, Kearney kept going off onto tangents about how this program is doing this and this program is doing that, and highlighting the relevant passages that we only got through just over a page. Period 6 was English. We had the most random period ever. We started off on a booklet about Odd Ones Out, and we started on transvestites (there were two pages in the booklet about this. Seriously.). Then we got on to transsexuals, via a mishearing by somebody. We heard one or two anecdotes, and there was, how shall we say, some talk on the anatomical changes that one might require when undertaking gender reassignment surgery, such as 'Is that possible?' and Lana's accidental classic: 'What do they do about the boobs?' She did it at the exact wrong time, when everybody was silent. Didn't even mean to say it. Anyway. I then got home, and blogged a bit, as well as practicing my back roll at home. I gotta get it right sometime. And at around 6:50, we left for hapkido.

Shay had homework and Shirisha wasn't there, but that's understandable. Before class, I did some more practice on my back roll. Grandmaster Geoff was back today, and we did a fair amount of work. I learnt a few things: namely, that I could be doing my kicks way better, and second, that I was doing my kiyaps wrong. Although Grandmaster showed me what exactly I was doing wrong, so I was doing it at least better by the end. And when I got home, I blogged, although not enough. So here I am.

This was my day. Expect a much better title tomorrow, or rather, what I think is a good title. Or at least a good reference. Anyway. Yes, it's a late post, expect one on time very soon. I'm not saying Tuesday, but soon. As you can guess, I'm a bit (read: a lot) of a procrastinator.

Goodbye winter,
AB

No comments:

Post a Comment